top speed jerking?

Got questions? We got answers....
elemen7al

top speed jerking?

Post by elemen7al »

When i reach top speed in any gear my kdx125 kind of pulls then slows pulls then slows pulls then slows, what could this be?

Also when ever i try to hold a lower rpm in any gear the exhaust just pops loads is that normal?

and last but not least when i release the clutch to slow down it feels like a vibrating feeling between my legs with a wired BURRRRRRRRR noise what cud this be?

oh yes that wasnt the last thing when im going top speed this vibrating is really high, i can feel it through the seat and everything.

any sugestions? what i should check or be looking for? im just learning so any reply would be appriciated. Thanks
gregp

Post by gregp »

I am not familiar with the KDX125, but as far as I know, none of these symptoms are "normal". It sounds like you had better start at square one, and start checking things out.
Some things to check: Tire pressure and condition, chain and sprockets (tension, alignment, wear), air filter cleanliness, carburator cleanliness, clutch assembly (plate thickness, basket condition), power valve assembly and operation, Crank and rod bearings, condition of top end, muffler blockage, etc..
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

Ive just noticed there is oil getting out from behind the front sprocket and at the bottom of the casing on the left side through the gasket, my bike eeds a damb good overhaul i think
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Oh wait....this thread isn't what I thought it was about..... :cool:
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged