air bubbles in oil

Got questions? We got answers....
miteymike

air bubbles in oil

Post by miteymike »

my problem is that i thought i was getting water in the oil and changed out my water pump seals well now that thats all done my oil is still turning creamy looking so after about ten quarts of flushing i still am getting the same thing so a buddy comes over and tells me its not water but i have 100s of 1000s tiny little air bubbles in my oil making it look like there is water in it anyone know why this is and how do i fix it thanks for any help given
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

My riding buddy's KX500 does the same thing; looks like water but after it sits a while, it clears up. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you know it's not water. How to tell? Heat the oil up in a pan on the stove above 212 degrees. If there was water in it, steam and a lot of popping noise will come from the oil as the water boils out.

Don't use one of mama's good pots!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

There is air in the gearbox. Churning gears will make the air and oil mix. No problem.
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders
Vermont Motocross Association

I got stopped for speeding and the cop asks me "Don't you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" So I said "yeah but I wasn't gonna be out that long."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

How is your transmission vent hose ran? Is it clogged any, by any chance?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
miteymike

Post by miteymike »

Well I went a did what i never thought I would do I used a cheap oil instead of the expensive synthetics and it doesent get air bubles anymore its crazy how something so simple could be such a headache