Baltimore / Elkton MD.

Got questions? We got answers....
MY KDX 220 R

Baltimore / Elkton MD.

Post by MY KDX 220 R »

There is a very good posibility I will be moving to the Elkton area in the near future. Work related.
Is there any one on this forum from that area, and how is the riding up there? - Believe it or not this may effect my decision to re-locate.

I have recently joined the local club and met some increadible guys, good riding and enjoy the area - East TN.

Any honest pertinent info' would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rod :?
KEEP IT REAL!!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I used to live in MD. You're not going as many riding areas as you'll find where you live now. There are a lot of moto-x tracks, but trails are kina scarce.

Thare are some options, but you'll have to drive a bit. Definitely join southern MD dirt riders. They travel on a regular basis in a group, and have a monthly fun ride at Budd's Creek's national hare scramble course which is a blast. Budd's Creek is only about 1.5hrs south of Balt... http://smdr.org/default.aspx

There is also Hatsfield-McCoy in WV(5hrs), Tower CIty in PA(2.5hrs), Savage River in western MD(2hrs, but small), and some other places up in PA...

Southern MD isn't that bad terrain wise...Lots of clay hills, and sandy bottoms. Watch out up in PA, and in WV....Those places have some areas will give an AA rider all they can handle!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
John McIntosh

Bel Air, MD

Post by John McIntosh »

Rod,
I live in Bel Air which is about half way between Baltimore and Elkton. I have some places to ride in Southern Pa and hundreds of acres in northern PA. I have never been to any of the pay places but am considering them. There are some decent places to ride in this area but you have to know someone with land or you can ride in some of the old slate quaries. I have only had a bike in Maryland for about 6 months and am always looking for new places to ride.
John McIntosh
Mack (Bel Air, Maryland)
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Sweet....The private places are always the best!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
MY KDX 220 R

Post by MY KDX 220 R »

Thanks John, I hope to make a visit in the area before making a decision. (soon)

Maybe in the mean time we will have some others letting us know what is available.

I do pay an average of $ 10.00 to ride here or a little more for the events like Loretta's.

Is there much state land available to ride?

Thanks again

Thanks Fuzzy, will be checking the info' out, and I agree, you can't beat free!!
KEEP IT REAL!!
stevebf

Rinding areas in and around Maryland

Post by stevebf »

I found this site, which might help you out with riding areas nearby.

http://www.enduro.4t.com/riding.htm