Accelerator

Got questions? We got answers....
elemen7al

Accelerator

Post by elemen7al »

Can anyone tel me what i need to adjust because of this:

I bearly have to move the accelerator to get in to high RPM. For instance if i just twist my wrist not even on full accell the bike just revs really high and im through the gears in a matter of seconds.
When im in 5th or 6th (for example puposes say 0cm is no accell and 5cm is full on accell) i bearly have to move the accelerator only about 1-2cm and i can reach top speed im constantly having to accell a fraction at a time when pulling away and going through the gears 1-5.

The bike has been recently stipped and put back together i dont think anything has been setup properly on it, more like "thrown back together".

My bike wont idle either is this what i should do:

Turn AIR screw all the wayy in then out 1.5 turns, then adjust the IDLE screw untill it idles if it wont turn the AIR screw out even more?

Thanks alot for the help guys
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

The bike has been recently stipped and put back together i dont think anything has been setup properly on it, more like "thrown back together".

I think you are right about that.

Check out the connectors between the carb and cylinder and carb and airbox. It sounds like you may have an air leak somewhere.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

Thanks for the reply, i have had the carb off a few times to clean it as it was getting clogged i added a fuel filter and that sorted it the clips are quite tite/secure. Anything els mate? :supz: <-- my daughter wanted it on lol
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

Is it the original KDX throttle? Aren't there quick throttles out there that are designed to have a really short twist? Just thinking out loud... :hmm:
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

Im not sure mate i used to own a yzfr125 then bought this just the other week im pretty new to the 2stroke / crossers :) when im riding it makes no difference from 2cm - 5cm its just louder at 5cm (going off the example i said above) I thought my cable might be to tite but they is plenty free play, maybe somthing to do with my main jet position (as you can raise it and lower it with a lock off screw thing) or the needle? Like i say im all new to this mate lol
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You need a manual and check cable routing....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

Ive got one here to check it ill do that asap. What if thats fine? :shock:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

you sure your clutch isn't slipping?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Don't deal in what ifs.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:you sure your clutch isn't slipping?
I dont know? probably knowing my luck.

The cables are fine tho, when im riding and come down gears and let the clutch out to slow the bike it does have a wired vibrating noise coming from sumwhere kinda sounds like a humming.. Ive also noticed when im in 1-3rd gear and only on the trottle a little to cruse slowly (keeping a constant speed) the bike kinda jutters like its coughing, abit more accell or movig to 4th+ and its fine.

Im going to clean my carb and jets again today had a small overflow leak last night. A Question on this: the main jet can be moved to sit higher or lower with a lock off nut, does it matter where it is or is that relative to the needle position?
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Im going to clean my carb and jets again today had a small overflow leak last night. A Question on this: the main jet can be moved to sit higher or lower with a lock off nut, does it matter where it is or is that relative to the needle position?
Im sure it does. Is that the OEM carb for that bike? I would think it would go all the way in, snug lightly, locked with the nut.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

Ok, i think its sitting half way up at the minute locked off with the nut ill try lowering it when i get the time...(women).. ;(
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

Oh btw i dunno if its the OEM carb im pretty sure it is from looking in the manual but i cant be 100% sure
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

Lock off nut? Is this and E or H bike? My main on a 200 E is one item. Are you talking about the needle and clip?
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

You know the adjuster on the trottle cable where you can make it titer then lock it off with the little screw thing? Its like that on my main jet. so i can screw it in then lock it off an certian heights. Were talking about a KDX 125 here i might mention :p
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

I've heard of variable jet systems but I've never seen one. Any chance of posting a pic?

On 4-stroles some guys like to be able to lean it out at higher elevations. Seems like it'd be easier to just pull/replace the jet than to bother with adjustment.

Pics?
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

I am giving it a clean tomorrow mate al get some pics and post them up :mrgreen:
elemen7al

Post by elemen7al »

I taken some pictures but cant the damb cable for my mobile phone lol ill get them up asap, i adjusted the oil pump (lined up the lines) dont know if i done it correctly i just lined up the lines on full trottle when i released the throttle the other line was abit over the mark. Anyone have pictures of what these lines should be looking like i dont know if i done it correctly Dho,