Tire recommendations

Got questions? We got answers....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I'm really thinking about trying some of the Motoz Enduro I/T's. I have read a lot of good reports on their tires. http://www.motoz.us/
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I been hearing a lot of good about the motoz tractionator too.
NewMexico505

Post by NewMexico505 »

The October 2010 edition of Dirt Rider has a review of tire tests.
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

do any of you guys running the trials tires hit jumps?I always wondered how they would do.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I do, it does just fine. If I know I'm gonna be ripping around and hitting a lot of jumps, I'll up the pressure just a tad. maybe 9lbs. Normally run 6-8 for the tight stuff.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Ya know.... in the early 70's all Enduro bikes ran these tires front and rear... We had no problems with anything of the day... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
gregp

Post by gregp »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Ya know.... in the early 70's all Enduro bikes ran these tires front and rear... We had no problems with anything of the day... :wink:
Inda, you are giving away your age, here. You must be as old as I am (or older!). But, you're right. I remember riding my DT250, with full knobbies, on the hard snow on a frozen lake - and my buddy's TL125 just hooking up and pulling away with his trials tires! My knobbies just seemed to penetrate the frozen snow, and break it up, giving me almost zero traction. The trials tire just seemed to stay on top of the stuff and grip the surface. It was enlightening to see that happen first hand.
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah... I have no problem with my age.... I am 46. Sometimes it's good to have that old knowledge as it always comes around again. Whenever you think you have discovered something new... chances are it's been done... and a long time ago! :mrgreen:

I like the looks of knobbies but they are not always the best for traction and suck for the preservation of trails. It seems we are in this war with ATV's and 4 strokers... who can be the loudest and most destructive to our trail systems.

I hate loud 4 strokers with knobbies and ATV's.... most of these guys have not been around long enough to realize that 3-4 years down the line the trails are trashed and they shut down the area due to encroaching habitation that complain about the noise and destruction.

I wish people would just freakin wake up!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "