Black Backrounds for Side Panels?

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Black Backrounds for Side Panels?

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Are there any black backgrounds for side panels available for an H series KDX. I have looked almost everywhere and considering making them myself.
Received my Graphics Kit yesterday, seat cover and shroud stickers. Looks like it is going to be a "fun" process. The seat is going to be the worst. Luckily, I read a few posts that mention using light soapy water, and then a squeegee to push out the air and wrinkles from the stickers. Thanks Inda. And by the way, your bike looks the best!!! Even better with black side panels though. How do you get the soap out, i am guessing whatever you can't get out with the squeegee, dries over a couple of days?
mattR

Post by mattR »

I couldn't find any earlier this year and just made my own. Black backgrounds on green side panels looks nice.

I used a little bit of spray window cleaner and they went on bubble free.
97 KDX 220
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

mattR wrote:I couldn't find any earlier this year and just made my own. Black backgrounds on green side panels looks nice.
mattR - What did you use for the black backgrounds? Where did you source it from?

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
mattR

Post by mattR »

It was just a pack of three 12x18 inch sheets of black background material from a local race shop. I made a rough template with cardboard and traced it onto the back on the background material.

Factory Effex was the brand. On their web site click on On-Line Store -> Numbers/Plates -> Backing Sheets.

http://www.factoryeffex.com/home.html
97 KDX 220