93 kdx 200 water pump oil seals

Got questions? We got answers....
miteymike

93 kdx 200 water pump oil seals

Post by miteymike »

I have a 93 KDX 200 and am getting water in the oil when i pulled the old oil seals out of the water pump the one closet to the bearing was all chewed up like the bearing was rubbing against it. so when i installed the new seal i left it back a little ways. my question is is this correct or ok for me to have done. Also where the pipe goes into the muffler it leaks exhauast badly and i dont want to spend 30 bucks for the rubber seal and 2 clamps any suggestions
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the group.

Sorry that I am of no help on the water pump seal question, but on the exhaust pipe / muffler problem, do you think your bike's engine may be running rich? You could try silicone seal on that area as a temporary fix. Making sure everything is runnign properly would be a big concern, though.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

The water pump seal should be okay. If you are still getting water in your oil pull it apart and check/move the seal forward. Another place that water gets into the gear box is thru the clutch lever seal at the top of the case. That oil seal fails very easily.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Re: 93 kdx 200 water pump oil seals

Post by KDXer »

miteymike wrote: Also where the pipe goes into the muffler it leaks exhauast badly and i dont want to spend 30 bucks for the rubber seal and 2 clamps any suggestions
Try and find some rubber hose like radiator or fuel type hosing and a few cable / zip ties, that will do the job for a couple of bucks...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
miteymike

thanks

Post by miteymike »

thank you all for the info im sure it will be helpfull