Finally got to ride the KDX a little this afternoon...

Got questions? We got answers....
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally got to ride the KDX a little this afternoon...

Post by David_L6 »

There are a few trails through the woods behind the house. I finally got to go for a short ride on the KDX this afternoon. The only other time I'd been on the bike was last Saturday (the day I bought it) and I didn't have time to do much riding. I'm here to tell ya - I am IMPRESSED with that little KDX now. I think I made better time through those trails (tight! trails) on the KDX than I can on my CR 250. Even with the under sprung stock suspension that the KDX has I was able to flick it around like it was nothing. I like the way the KDX makes it's power. It's a lot smoother than anything else I've had (all MX bikes). I'm starting to really understand why the KDX has a "cult" type following now.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

I agree, I bought a 94 KDX for my GF (I also ride a '02 CR250R), it really surprised me how good it runs and handles. I more or less viewed KDX's as a recreational bike until I rode one. I haven't ridden it on trails yet, but I expect I could go as fast in the tight as I can on my CR, which carves pretty well through the tight stuff.
gregp

Post by gregp »

My current '04 KDX 200 is my second round with these bikes. I owned a 1996 version a few years ago and went through maybe 6 or 7 bikes before I came full circle and bought another one. This is the only bike I have done this with, and I have probably owned well over 50 dirt bikes in my lifetime. That is saying something!
Of all of my Husky's, KTM's, Honda's, Can-Am's, etc., the only other bike I would consider going another round with is a late model CR500. Contrary to popular belief, they make great trail bikes (with proper mods).
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)