Thanks to canyncarvr !

Got questions? We got answers....
Griffbones
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Thanks to canyncarvr !

Post by Griffbones »

While reading through as many old threads as I can find time for; I came across a thread about the KDX head light. A gentleman was asking if he could some how run both bulb filaments to get more light, and the thread progressed from there...........

In the midst of the discussion Canyncarvr mentioned that he had never run both filaments together but had soldered a wire between the two contacts of the bulb once the first filament had burnt out!

I have been putting off buying a new $28 bulb from Kawasaki due to all of the money I have just spent fixing up our newly acquired KDX for my son. I felt that engine, brakes, and suspension needs needed to come first, and I wanted to make the bike look nice for my son. We rarely ride late in the day or in the evening, so the head light was on the waiting list. But, this was a tip that I just couldn't resist!!!! So this morning I promptly headed out to the garage and soldered our head light bulb, We now have a Head Light! What a great tip to get us by until I catch up on my finances!

I am really glad I found this web site, you guy's ROCK! :supz:
'83 CR60R Fully restored
'97 DR350 (407cc)
2005 KX85 (103.5cc)
2006 KDX 200 (Bone stock other than Jetting, Gnarley woods, Turbine Core II)
2007 250 XC-W (SX head)
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

carvr hasn't been hanging around much lately, too bad, I miss his smarts and humor... :sad:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Sometimes that sand gets stuck in your mangina like glue :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
canuckhybrid125
Supporting Member

Post by canuckhybrid125 »

>|<>QBB<
kawagumby wrote:carvr hasn't been hanging around much lately, too bad, I miss his smarts and humor... :sad:
What happened to carvr anyways? Did he buy a KTM :shock: lol.
It Is What It Is

2000 KX KDX Hybrid
2006 KX 100
2004 TTR 125 LE
2010 KTM 300
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I'm sure he's still on the kdx. Just needs to borrow a water hose or somfin'. :mrgreen:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

He's around somewhere....
I found him just last week in my garage, with a broken starter motor on his Honda NightHawk or some such road bike. We ordered parts to fix it off eBay and while waiting for them to show up, we took a week long motorcycle camping trip on the road bikes, me with the e-button and him push starting it and only parking on slopes. Ha! We hit every mountain pass between Tahoe and Yosemite, camping out each night. Got home Saturday and the parts had arrived. By Sunday 7:30 am he was off! Bye Brad! See ya in Idaho for a loop around that state in a few....
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!