Weight of Stock Pipe

Got questions? We got answers....
Dr. Green

Weight of Stock Pipe

Post by Dr. Green »

I just put a FMF Rev Pipe AKA Desert Pipe on my KDX 200. I was out here a few days ago and did a search for "Weight of stock pipe" and got nothing. Kind of surprised me, because I have a hard time believing no one else would want to know this info. So here it is, on my scale:

Stock Pipe is 8.6lbs.
FMF REV Pipe is 5.4lbs.
Difference of 3.2lbs.

I was going to weight the stock silencer, but got too anxious once the FMF Pipe was on. My bad. But I will say it felt very heavy! If I take it off again I will weight it and post it here.
Dr. Green and The Green Machine:

Frisbee Mod; UNI Filter; FMF REV Pipe (WOW!); V-Force 3 Reed Valve.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

There was a thread on it recently. I think that we determined the weight difference between the silencers is pretty much equal to a big pile of crap. So keep the stock silencer, and take a crap before you go ride!

The pipe is obviously a big difference, not just in weight, but in performance. That part of the swap is definitely worthwhile!
Dr. Green

Post by Dr. Green »

I always try to crap before a ride, would hate to have a close call :shock: and crap myself. :oops: I agree on keeping the stock silencer though. Why jack with a good thing? Quiet, performs well, built like a tank and very little maintenance.
Dr. Green and The Green Machine:

Frisbee Mod; UNI Filter; FMF REV Pipe (WOW!); V-Force 3 Reed Valve.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Agreed on all counts.