KDX220R Service manual

Got questions? We got answers....
up2L8

KDX220R Service manual

Post by up2L8 »

Anyone know where to get one? I've scoured most of the sites I got my other manuals from and I can't seem to find one.

I'm swapping to a wiseco piston and xr fork springs, so I need oil height specs and torque specs.

Thanks guys. :supz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Look up and to the right.... Online Manual!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
up2L8

Post by up2L8 »

saw that, but it seems to be a pay site
up2L8

Post by up2L8 »

I really dont even need the whole manual if there is a spec sheet somewhere with torques and oil heights, etc.....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Sorry, sometimes you have to pay to play! Besides, if you have the money to change fork oil and springs then you certainly can afford to purchase a manual that is an essential tool for servicing your KDX.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Road Dawg
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Road Dawg »

I have a regular manual and I just subscribed to the online manual.. I like the online manual.. It's very helpful and the lifetime subscription is worth it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There is no better resource IMO.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
heckler

Post by heckler »

does the online manual cover the 220 supplemental info too?
up2L8

Post by up2L8 »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:Sorry, sometimes you have to pay to play! Besides, if you have the money to change fork oil and springs then you certainly can afford to purchase a manual that is an essential tool for servicing your KDX.

Not really actually. I got the springs for free and my dad picked up the fork oil for me.

If anyone has anything PM me.
up2L8

Post by up2L8 »

Well, this sucks, I still can't find one, I am ready to actually pay for one at this point.

So does anyone know where to get one? I dont want the online one because I was under the impression that you can't export it or print it very well.

I need either a PDF that I can print, or a old school hard copy. The only hard copies I've found are like $50 and that's absurd.

Any ideas guys? I need to do the forks and a topend. I got a piston for $80, spending $50 on a manual seems retarded.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The online manual is the best you will find. The color pictures are incredible, and you can definitely print out any pages you need without trouble. Purchase it for one year for $24 or whatever, and print the whole thing a bit at a time before your year is up.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

You don't need the 220 supplement to do the forks and top end. The torque specs are the same, the only thing the supplement gives you are the different cylinder/piston specs which you probably don't need. If the cylinder plating is worn you have to send it off anyway. The stock piston for a 220 is 69mm.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220