Have fun with this thought......

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Have fun with this thought......

Post by Mark W »

Since I'm in the filter cleaning mode and since I cooked some fish on the grill tonight I got to thinking. Couldn't you use Pam vegetable spray oil to oil the filter? Lots cheaper, it would be easier to use and for those greens, better for the environment. Vegetable oil verses petroleum based oil I don't see the difference for trapping dirt. If you don't clean you filter much I can see the stuff going rancid after a few weeks. Think of the other benefit, since it a low cal cooking oil, your bike won't get that unsightly bulge around the middle (not that I know anything about that) javascriptemoticon(':cry:')
Crying or Very sad

Too many gin and tonics this evening....
Mark
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Any oil based product will work to an extent... but the filter oil is stringy and very very sticky. Much better for the job. Give it a try for a year Mark and then we will compare motor internals as see which one wins! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I'm really starting to worry about you Mark. Pam attracts bears. Everybody knows that. :roll:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I must agree with Colorado Mike. I have never used Pam on my filter, and I have never had any bears around my KDX.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

No Toil is a vegatable oil. Completely harmless to the environment. That's why you can clean it in the kitchen sink.

Great Stuff I say; check it out!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!