looking for info on 91 kdx250

Got questions? We got answers....
bigerestblazer
Supporting Member

looking for info on 91 kdx250

Post by bigerestblazer »

A guy on craigslist is listing a 91 kdx250 and its at a pretty good price runs good with a little knocking sound i think is the kips he says their a pretty rare bike only made for 4 years . so my question is if i get this bike
is it going to be awfully difficult to find parts for if something goes wrong ? can i swap parts from a 200 motor if need be? he also has the forks flipped around (the wheel mounted in the front instead of the rear) which he says makes it handle better is that true cause ive never seen forks like that before. Anyway just looking for a little input cause im just looking for something to ride that im not gonna have to put a lot of money into. thanks
Sometimes in life when it seems like things aint goin your way theres always one answer...BIGGER HAMMER
nearma12

Post by nearma12 »

The KDX250 is a good bike. I have a 91 also. The motor parts aren't interchangeable with KDX200 engine. The forks on these bikes are inverted. I'm not sure what you mean by " he also has the forks flipped around (the wheel mounted in the front instead of the rear)". Mine has the axle on the front of the forks, not the rear. The knock in the engine might be the KIPS, but you might want to check it out though. The KIPS is more of a rattle and it I only hear it on mine during idle. Parts are not too hard to come by except certain plastic pieces (shrouds, side panels). The motor is a modified 89 KX250 engine, so most of those parts are pretty easy to find.