OK, Which Carb is Better?

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

OK, Which Carb is Better?

Post by jafo »

I am going to do something with my carb, I was going to just send it to RB design, but came across the brand new PWK 35 A.S. carb on his site. I was looking at the pics and there is alittle difference between the stock carb and the A.S. carb. So which one is better or there any difference in performance between the two? I know it would be cheaper to have my carb modified but I would'nt mind having an extra carb around either.

Jon.
jackpiner57
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jackpiner57 »

What kind of bike do you ride?
2002 KDX200
2005 KX85
2005 DL650K5 V-Strom
NETRA
AMA
Montshire Trail Riders
Vermont Motocross Association

I got stopped for speeding and the cop asks me "Don't you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" So I said "yeah but I wasn't gonna be out that long."
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

It's an '03 KDX220R

Jon.
MY KDX 220 R

Post by MY KDX 220 R »

I have a '05 220, recently installed the following:

FMF -Rev.
Air box lid removal.
Re-jetted stock carb to 150 main.
FRP .40 springs
Body protection etc.

I will be ordering the AS Carb' and the Air Screw that compliments this set-up tomorrow.

If you have a closer look the AS has the extra breathing tubes?? etc .
The exact purpose of which I am not sure, does benefit the entire set up.
Good luck :razz:
KEEP IT REAL!!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Send off your Head while your at it and have Ron mill and reconfigure the squishband. It up's the compression the 220's and give them a little extra kick.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

MY KDX 220 R,

How do you like the .40 springs, I have the same year/model bike and still trying to decide if i need the .38's or the .40's. How much do you weigh? What type of terain do you ride in? Do you have a lot of riding experience?
I have put this one off for too long now partly due to the fact that I still havn't received my manual yet (ordered it 3 weeks ago), and the uncertainty that the .38 will be alright. I weigh 160lbs. without gear and ride pretty hard.

I had a nasty spill last weekend that resulted in breaking the rear fender and the clamp that holds the clutch lever assembly on the handlebars. I was on a grassy field(short grass, excellent traction). I took off like I was on dirt and the front end came up on me, as I was bringing it back down I was headed for a tree, so I cut the handlebars sideways before the tire had contacted the ground and the front suspension bottomed out, and the rear of the bike, dill-pickle flipped over frontwards. I went rolling with the bike. It was pretty scary but i didnt get hurt too bad, only the bike :sad: . Luckily there was a guy there with me riding a KX250 and he had an extra bracket. I guess being as young as I am , I can take a beating and heal quickly.
Although I hurt the bike, It was an awesome day, and I will be headed back to that same field this weekend. :prayer: Hope all goes well.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I've decided to go ahead and oder the carb. I'll send out m y stock one for modification after I get the new one. I would'nt mind having an extra around.

I'd love to get the head done also but that'll have to wait until a long icy cold stretch this winter.

Thanks for the input guys.

Jon.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

If you order it from RB Designs, won't it already have the "RB Designs" modifications to the carburetor?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Yeh, thats where I'm ordering it from. It's got the mods already done to it, but the throat of the carbs are alittle different, thats where the question arose from. We'll see. I'm ordering it this week.

Jon.