40 / 150 / CGK pos 3
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OEM
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

On price or performance???
1992 KDX 200; RB head; Fatty pipe; stock carb; Stock silencer

40 / 150 / CGK pos 3
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Performance.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Cheap pads will eat up a very expensive rotor.......

OEM is worth it
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

OEM....really...never even thought about them...hmm

I've been running EBC MX-S pads....pretty friggin good
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
plb

Post by plb »

EBC MX-S

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:partyman:
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

ok, EBC or OEM

show of hands?
1992 KDX 200; RB head; Fatty pipe; stock carb; Stock silencer

40 / 150 / CGK pos 3
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I run Tusk pads on my bike, I really like them espesially for the price. Even on really long downhills, I don't get fade like I did with the factory pads. I ride the piss out of my bike, and am really hard on brakes. Tusk is good in my book.
'00 KDX 220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Tusk does have some good stuff... pads are not known to be one of 'em. Sorry... I call them how I see it. There have been lots of complaints on the Tusk pads only lasting one ride.

OEM lasts longer, are made of a better carbon compound than 99% of all pads. They make allot of them! Sinistered steel just tears up your rotor and overheats where I ride... You can give anything a go... they will wear out no matter which brand you choose.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Tusk does have some good stuff... pads are not known to be one of 'em. Sorry... I call them how I see it. There have been lots of complaints on the Tusk pads only lasting one ride.

OEM lasts longer, are made of a better carbon compound than 99% of all pads. They make allot of them! Sinistered steel just tears up your rotor and overheats where I ride... You can give anything a go... they will wear out no matter which brand you choose.
Have you tried the Tusk pads yourself? I know they're a "bargain" brand, but at least RMATV stands behind it. I had a Tusk clutch sack out on me in 9 hours, had a brand new one on my step 2 days later, free of charge. Can't argue with that.

Compared to the stock pads, I prefer the Tusk ones. That being said, for aftermarket pads, there are a few better options, such as EBC, etc.
'00 KDX 220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Can't say I have use TUSK pads. Why would I want to spend money on something others have complained about. It doesn't make any sense to do so.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

>|<>QBB<
Slick_Nick wrote:>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Tusk does have some good stuff... pads are not known to be one of 'em. Sorry... I call them how I see it. There have been lots of complaints on the Tusk pads only lasting one ride.

Have you tried the Tusk pads yourself? I know they're a "bargain" brand, but at least RMATV stands behind it. I had a Tusk clutch sack out on me in 9 hours, had a brand new one on my step 2 days later, free of charge. Can't argue with that.

Compared to the stock pads, I prefer the Tusk ones. That being said, for aftermarket pads, there are a few better options, such as EBC, etc.
I had a Tusk clutch sack out on me in 9 hours, had a brand new one on my step 2 days later, free of charge.

If I had a clutch sack out in 9 hours I sure as hell wouldn't be putting the same thing back in, I'd be screaming gimmie my freeking money back :evil:

BTW my OE pads lasted better than a season and some red POS pads
lasted 1 ride in WV.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

I am currently running tusk pads and they seem to wear very quickly. Gonna try something different next...