Man I wish I could ride one of your Pimped Bikes...

Got questions? We got answers....
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Man I wish I could ride one of your Pimped Bikes...

Post by Sapphire »

I spent another 45 mins riding my new bike this weekend....been so fricken busy with family and yard and work and..... Haven't had time to go for a proper ride yet!

But...after reading the multitudes of posts you guys have put up with your perfectly jetted bikes and your RB heads and Carbs and all the good chit.... I wish I knew what it felt like! I do know that I am going to be a lot happier with proper jetting... I am going to go for at least one good, long, half day ride before I change the jetting though.... hopefully next weekend...or even maybe Thursday evening... not sure yet.

As it is right now, even sitting back a bit on the seat....1st and 2nd gear are the only wheelie gears... so the 4th gear wheelies I've heard people talk about are a definite myth for me right now!

E
06' 200 Bone Stock
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

Mine will pull the front wheel up in third/fouth with only a pipe and airbox mod...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Takes a bit more work to get the front wheel up in fourth. In 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd, it will throttle wheelie on the low end. In 4th I need to get it on the pipe, ease off the throttle and then pin it quickly for it to stand up. Either that or dump the clutch. I don't like the dumping the clutch method though, too unpredictable.
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

Yeah...I'm sure once I get the jetting squared away it will be a different bike...its obviously not right now....what with all the spooge and such.... But still a kick in the ass...

I think in 3rd...if I had it up in the RPM's....let off, then sat way back and pull real hard while pinning it, I may get the wheel up...but being a halfway new rider...I think I'll wait on that a while! :mrgreen:

Anyone do the head mod by itself and NOT the carb mod? I have it figured this winter to do a gnar woods, RB Head and Carb.... after shipping and all I will need about $450.... What else do I need to make these 3 things transition in well? I wont be doing suspension for a while...this suspension feels fantastic right now..it'll be a while before I recognize its deficiencies....
06' 200 Bone Stock
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

In my opinion, pipe, jetting, open up the air box, and head mod will make for a very happy motor.

On my 220, I think the head mod made the biggest difference.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The head mod is reported to make the biggest difference on the 220, but it make a good difference on the 200 too. You can feel the compression difference just kicking it over. I wouldn't want to try to hand start it now.... in stock for I wouldn't hesitate.

Just jetting and reeds with a pipe makes a HUGE difference. The carb is icing on the cake.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

Reeds...yeah, I keep forgetting them! Does a guy waste time with Boysen or something or just save up for the VF 3's?
06' 200 Bone Stock
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Depends on your budget. VF3's are the bomb.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

Well...when I want something (hence...spending 2150 on the bike) I figure out a way to get it...so if VF III is the bomb....I reckon this is what I'll end up with! :lol:
06' 200 Bone Stock
pdiddy

Post by pdiddy »

I agree, the VF3 is an excellent mod. A+++++
2004 KDX 200
RB Carb and Head mods, 2002 KX 125 Forks, air box lid removed, VForce 3 Reeds, PC Platinum 2 EC, gripper seat cover, Renthal bars, Fredette chain guide, and some other odds and ends
KDX4ID
Supporting Member

Post by KDX4ID »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Depends on your budget. VF3's are the bomb.

Do you have to re-jet with the VF3 reeds?
CURRENT FLEET
2008 KTM 990 Adventure...Alaska here I come!
2010 KTM 300 XCW... stop me before I buy again!
2005 KDX220... single track sweetie
2007 KTM 450 EXC... my baby
2008 KTM Superduke... Canyon Carver
1996 Honda 650L... GONE but not forgotten
http://www.friendsoftruckeetrails.org
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

yup