Fredette Tire change...

Got questions? We got answers....
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Fredette Tire change...

Post by Sapphire »

I have a question. I was reading through a Fredette interview and he says he changed a set of grips and both tires in 7 minutes. Is he actually saying he pulled the wheels off the bike, then switched rubber out on the wheels, and got them all mounted back on the bike in 7 minutes??
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yup....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

yup, the video is on youtube i think, quite impressive...and disgusting!
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

Daaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I'll have to watch it later...
06' 200 Bone Stock
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I've never heard of that one

But this one is pretty impressive

[youtube][/youtube]
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'm pretty sure all the ISDE guys HAVE to do their own work, and at the end of the day they only have a small window to do it. Then bike is impounded until morning.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

My nephew was an ISDE rider (Poland, 2004) - to help finance his trip he had a lottery for a bunch of donated off-road stuff - based on who guessed the time it would take for him to change both tires on the bike. Fun to watch...it too was only a few minutes (I was way over). He practiced like heck to get the time down for the ISDE. :grin:

PS - He met Fredette at the Polish event - said he was a totally down to earth good guy.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

The guy I rode with a few weeks ago, on the 510 Husky was on the USA team that year with Jeff, when that video was done
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

watched the video. am impressed with it. but looking at Jeff's bike, he is running stock kdx fork, i am sure it was moded. but if kx coversion is so damn good. question is why didnt Jeff runs them?

or at the end of the day, it is still the rider that matter most.
A true KDX customizer!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Such a simple question.... He was factory sponsored.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

If you listen closely, he bought the bike there

I'm sure he modded it to the hilt

But AFAIK he never ran USD's on a KDX
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Such a simple question.... He was factory sponsored.
I dunno about that??

If he was sponsored why was he always buying or borrowing bikes in the country he was racing in??

I remember a time or two at DRN he'd ask if a local had a bike he could use

He'd offer to mod the **** out of it in exchange for it's use
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK Wibby... he wasn't factory sponsored. :roll:

•1983-2009 Kawasaki Factory Support
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

They may have helped support him

But they sure as hell did not supply him a nice shiny bike did they?

I've seen plenty of pics where he drove his own pickup with the bike in the back to races in the USA, just like anyone else
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I didn't say they supplied him bikes.... I'm sure he had to keep them stock looking to keep a sponsorship... that's all.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

JustKDX- You're a Team Green supported off road rider. How did that get started?

Jeff – In 1982 I was riding with partial support from Suzuki when their off road effort fell apart. Jones Goggles wanted to field an off road team and enlisted Fritz Kadlec and myself to ride Kawasaki’s sponsored by Jones Goggles and Metzeler Tires. At first I wasn’t too thrilled . . . some of the Kawasaki bikes had bad reputations of breaking down in those days. I opted to ride the KDX200 and have been on KDXs ever since. In 1987 Kawasaki stepped up with full factory support and I’ve been on Team Green ever since.

This is from an interview with JustKDX and Jeff Fredette. The full interview is here;

http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/fredet ... rview.html

I know, I know; It's from that piss pot of a dirt bike site, but it makes your point I think Inda. Ha!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Such a simple question.... He was factory sponsored.
I dunno about that??

If he was sponsored why was he always buying or borrowing bikes in the country he was racing in??

I remember a time or two at DRN he'd ask if a local had a bike he could use

He'd offer to mod the **** out of it in exchange for it's use
I can't remember where I read it but Jeff said it was cheaper to buy the bikes locally and mod them than to ship them overseas and deal with the legal red tape, import taxes, etc.

Damn, I really wish I could find the interview where he talks about this... :doh:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R