Klotz???

Got questions? We got answers....
rattlesnake_06

Klotz???

Post by rattlesnake_06 »

I always ran klotz in my blaster and banshee, but for some reason my kdx doesnt like it. I have fouled three plugs since i started using it less than three gallons ago. Anyone else ever have this problem i'm using NGKBR8ES plugs. Before the klotz i was running valvoline and yamalube cause thats really all thats readily available around here and never fouled a plug in four or five tanks just change it once in a while. Could the oil be the problem or should i dig deeper?
All coiled up ready to strike
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

is your bike jetted properly?
Also, when you switched oil, did you drain whatever gas you had left in your tank? I fouled plugs too when I mixed 2 different batch of premix. After draining the tank and filling up with fresh premix. my problem was solved.
rattlesnake_06

Post by rattlesnake_06 »

Yeah i did drain the gas out of it and mixed 40:1. Bike is jetted fine ran awesome on yamalube and valvoline this is the r50 oil if that makes any difference. Always did great in the past but they only had the techniplate 2 back then I was just mainly goin for the smell but am just gonna sacrifice it for un fouled plugs
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

I used the R50, at 32:1, for almost a year in my 200, never fouled a plug. When I put the Gnarly pipe and FMF silencer on, it went to spooging. Since I was in it for the smell only, I switched to Silkolene Comp 2T at 40:1, rejetted, and it's pretty much quit spooging.
I have a full bottle of R50 still, so when I run out of Silkolene, I will try it again at 40:1, same jetting, to see if the spooging returns.

But, back on topic..
If your fouling plugs that fast, your jetted too rich, no matter what oil your using.
What is your jetting now?

Edit: I see in your profile your using a 45 pilot and 155 main on an '01 200.
For reference, I'm using a 40 pilot and 152 main with no airbox lid, an FMF Gnarly Woods pipe, and a Power Core 2 silencer, at 1200' altitude.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

155/45 is OK... that jetting will work on all 200's.... a tad fat but that's OK. That is where I tell everyone to start at that is just beginning to learn jetting. My first 200 that is the only jetting I ran and never had to worry about a thing.

Check the gap on your plug ...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
rattlesnake_06

Post by rattlesnake_06 »

I switched back to yamalube and will ride tomorrow we'll see ill report back
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

I have only used the Klotz for about ten years on both my KDX's and my KX 250 and have never fouled a plug on the KDX and only on the KX when it was too rich. I run a leaner pilot on the KX if I do much trail riding and have not fouled a plug for more than 5 years. Shoot, I haven't even changed the plug in that long.
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I wonder if the klotz is cleaning out the yamasludge
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
mercenary223

Post by mercenary223 »

I have never used klotz but since this is a oil question and I'm new to th kdx ill see if anyone knows if castor 927 will work with the kdx. I have used the castor for years on previous bikes and just recently picked up a 91 kdx200 which the guy I bought it from put pwc 2 stroke oil in to start it so when I got home I drained the gas put some 32:1 castor about half gallon just to lube it up good from sitting. I started the bike up and before it was warmed up fouled the plug and pulled it to discover a b7es plug so I swapped it with b9es which the dealer said was the right plug and it fired up on the second kick and sounds way better and idles pretty good now. I'm sure the watercraft oil didn't help but I just want to know if anyone has used the castor and how it works in a woods bike I've always had dune machines which are on the pipe most the time. Thanks for your help
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

First... You should run a BR8ES plug... Second... Castor is REAL BAD on the KIPS and your power valves will gum up in no time and you bike will run like crap.

Run a good synthetic like Amsoil Interceptor that is made for clean power valves and you will get a much longer service life out of your bike.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mercenary223

Post by mercenary223 »

What's the differnce in these spark plugs when I got the bike it had a b7es so I put the b9 the dealer sold me now the bike runs great. All the other 2 strokes I've owned mostly quads used the b8es. Thanks for the help david
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's all heat range... a 9 is really too cold for the KDX. A 7 could burn a hole in your piston depending on how you ride. An 8 is the perfect heat range for the KDX and most dirt bikes for that matter.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Redlined

Post by Redlined »

>|<>QBB<
mercenary223 wrote:I have never used klotz but since this is a oil question and I'm new to th kdx ill see if anyone knows if castor 927 will work with the kdx. I have used the castor for years on previous bikes and just recently picked up a 91 kdx200 which the guy I bought it from put pwc 2 stroke oil in to start it so when I got home I drained the gas put some 32:1 castor about half gallon just to lube it up good from sitting. I started the bike up and before it was warmed up fouled the plug and pulled it to discover a b7es plug so I swapped it with b9es which the dealer said was the right plug and it fired up on the second kick and sounds way better and idles pretty good now. I'm sure the watercraft oil didn't help but I just want to know if anyone has used the castor and how it works in a woods bike I've always had dune machines which are on the pipe most the time. Thanks for your help
Maxima 927 is actually a castor blend like many of the Klotz products. It has an additive to help from cobbing up the power valves. Caster has separation problems at cold temps, so perhaps not the best choice if you ride in the winter, but since it's a caster blend, that may be less of a factor.
I don't see the need for using caster with all the great synthetic oils we have to choose from, I use Maxima Formula K2, which is a 100% ester based synthetic. Maxima makes great products, but any high qaulity synthetic should do the job well IMO.