Jetting Woes!!

Got questions? We got answers....
shane696

Jetting Woes!!

Post by shane696 »

So i just bought a 02 kdx 220. Ridden it once, loved it. since the first ride i installed power reeds, desert pipe, q silencer and did the air box mod. Now the bike wont even idle correctly, dies out after like 10 seconds. before the mods i was running super rich.

So was wondering if anybody had jetting suggestions for 3000 ft, about 30 degrees celcius.

Was also wondering wat u guys recommend for fuel mixture and tranny oil?

thanks alot..
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Where is your air screw set at?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
shane696

Post by shane696 »

as far as i know air screw is still set up from factory, as are jets.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Air screw needs to be adjusted for the air temp every time you ride. It is not a set it and forget it type thing. Ideally it should be set 1.5 turns out... and adjusted slightly either way from there. This however doesn't mean that your bike is jetted correctly and that the ideal 1.5 air screw setting is correct for your jetting.

You need to learn how to jet your bike and there is a very complete jetting guide in the jetting section of this site.

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1156
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "