Amsoil Intercepter

Got questions? We got answers....
kywoodsrider

Amsoil Intercepter

Post by kywoodsrider »

Have any of you guy's that run this oil done a tear down on your motor? If so how did your motor look, and was there any residual oil in the crank case? Since I can't buy the Mobile 1 synthetic anymore I am having trouble finding a suitable replacement. A few guy's on another forum claim that the Amsoil Interecpter is resposible for alot of grenaded motors. I have ran one tank of it and like the low smoke and low build up, but I want to make sure it is lubricating enough.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Amsoil Interceptor is what allot of guys here run... I do... used to deal it too but they got greedy.

Teardown the topend looked like new.... no wear that I could detect. top of the piston was clean with a slight bit of carbon.... proly due to jetting. No oil buildup in the lower end only a light oil coating.

It's guaranteed so there is no reason not to run it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Run it at 40:1, not 100:1.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
kywoodsrider

Post by kywoodsrider »

A common complaint that I hear is that during tear down they don't find enough oil in the bottom of the crank case. When I tore down my YZ250 I was running Mobile 1 synthetic at 32:1 and it had about 1/8" deep puddle of oil in the bottom of the crank case.
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

I've been running Interceptor at 50:1 (what Amsoil recommends) for over 2 years on the same top end. I ride pretty regularly. I haven't had the top end off so I can't tell you anything about that but....starts and runs just fine.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
kywoodsrider

Post by kywoodsrider »

I guess you will have guy's that could complain about the best of products. I personally feel that what ever damage they experienced was unrelated to the Amsoil. I think I am going to continue running it.