XR 400 springs

Got questions? We got answers....
jrnolan

Post by jrnolan »

I understand, these are 96. I know now and thank you for helping. I will order them.

JR
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's not to say that Honda didn't make alternative rates for those years as an option. Kawasaki made alternative rates for the KDX... but I have yet to ever see them.

E series spring rate was .28 and H series was .35 and that's why the H series springs are a good replacement for E series forks as long as you are under 175 lbs. but I still feel that is a little light. I think most guys were just looking to increase the spring rate on the cheap and that's why it was a popular swap. The XR springs are going to be your best bet though....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

Hi Inda, I am going to get the xr 400 .38 spring and change my oil wt to 7.5. again i am 160lb in full load. do I still need to do other changes to my stock 06' KDX fork? such as removing the shim stacks or preload spacer?

i am also a bit moved to changing the whole front end to kx setup after reading all the threads. any modifition needed if getting the kx500(is it a direct swap?Which year?) or any other recommendation?

what would you go for from your point of view? mod the stocker or change the front end? thanks for any advises.
A true KDX customizer!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

He changed his forks. The advantages are:

it gives you something to do.
you get rebound adjustment.
you get stiffer fork legs.
you lose the under-hang that grabs the sides of deep ruts or rocks and puts you on your head.
you can jump your bike on an MX track and have better survival odds.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Jupiter2
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Jupiter2 »

Don't forget it looks cool too~ :cool:
gregf@aimcom.com

2000 KDX 200
2002 XR200
Kazuma 90cc quad