Scotts damper with fat bars?

Got questions? We got answers....
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotts damper with fat bars?

Post by Colorado Mike »

I'm looking for anyone that put the fat tapered bars on a stock KDX triple clamp and mounted a Scotts damper. I ordered some Renthals with the bent crossbar from Scotts, but they're out of them for quite a while, then I remembered they were trying to get rid of some Renthal tapered bars (which I would prefer to get rid of the cross bar anyway), So I went to order them. The dude at Scotts told me I can't mount them on a KDX because they won't work with the damper. I thought for sure I've seen some of you with this type of setup. What parts did you use (bar mounts, top clamp, etc.)?

Thanks,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Mike...that's a whole different KX setup. New Triple Clamps and all! They don't make one for the KDX..... at least I haven't seen one.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

huh, guess I'm wrong then. That makes 612 times in a row. I thought I saw a bike in the gallery with fat bars, a GPS mount, damper, and a trailtech compooter. I can't log into the gallery from my work PC , so I'll see where I went wrong when I get home.
Mike

'04 KDX220
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Oops, looks like it was Quailchaser, but he has a WER damper, not a Scotts. In case anybody is interested, Scotts has Renthal CR high-bend fat bars clearanced for $49.00, which is a good bit cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.
Mike

'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Your thinking of Quailchasers bike... no Scott's on that puppy!

FWIW.... CC seems to think you can use a WER mount with a Scotts.... but then you lose the "on fly" adjustment.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

yeah, I want it mounted up where I can see where I dumped a crapload of money everytime I ride. :roll:
Mike

'04 KDX220
gwhII

Post by gwhII »

If you don't mind spending some more money, brp makes a fatbar barmount that you can use your damper on:

http://www.brpit.com/pages/products/bar_mounts.html

Look at the offroad bar clamp. GPR used to sell a fatbar/V1.0 version for the KDX but dropped it.

-G
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Interesting! Thanks -G!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

gwhII

Post by gwhII »

No problem. If I can't spend my money, I'll help you spend yours. :lol:

-G
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Actually got it bookmarked for end-o-season upgrades! :twisted:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

sluggo69

Post by sluggo69 »

scotts makes a kit for ther kdx that includes protapers, a new triple clamp and a damper. i think it retails for around 6-700. when i bought my bike from JCW he had already had it installed.it workes and looks great.
03 kdx/kx200... my lil woods weapon
07 zuki ozark250...xmas present for my son
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Ching-Ching for the bling bling!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

sluggo69 wrote:scotts makes a kit for ther kdx that includes protapers, a new triple clamp and a damper. i think it retails for around 6-700. when i bought my bike from JCW he had already had it installed.it workes and looks great.
Si...It's a sweet set up. The cost was the reason I went with the WER. It has worked great for my needs.

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC