Wossner pistons ?

Got questions? We got answers....
Jonooffler

Wossner pistons ?

Post by Jonooffler »

Hi has amy one out there ever tried or heard of Wossner pistons I need a new one of my 220 and the Wiesco one is now over £140.00 these come in at £80.00.
http://www.forged-pistons.co.uk/
Thanks guys
Jono 2003 KDX 220
Been riding off road for 10 years still finding out how best to do it.Riden a DR125 then a DT125R then a DR125 then DRZ400 then XR250 then a TE610 now I hope that I have found the best a KDX220 just to add the KDX has gone now riding a WR426 which I love and is so much better than the KDX.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Never heard of them......

It doesn't look like they make one for the KDX....
Last edited by Indawoods on 11:01 am Mar 25 2010, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Make sure they come with all the bearings, sleeve, rings and circlips and not JUST the piston...might be why the price is different...
Never heard of them, I'd stay with wiseco, good piece of mind...
Jonooffler

Post by Jonooffler »

I think that they are more europe based I would love to get a Wiesco for the bike but the best price one I can find is finding it hard to get pistons from Wiesco and the other dealers want £50.00 more for the same thing. I have been told to avoid Pro-x as they are the same as the one fitted so these look good.
Jono
Been riding off road for 10 years still finding out how best to do it.Riden a DR125 then a DT125R then a DR125 then DRZ400 then XR250 then a TE610 now I hope that I have found the best a KDX220 just to add the KDX has gone now riding a WR426 which I love and is so much better than the KDX.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Wossner is more in the european market yeah. they make good stuff.
tommie d

Post by tommie d »

They make a excellent piston. There just a bit on the pricey side here in the USA. I have one in my vintage 77 Husqvarna 390CR.
tommie d

Post by tommie d »

Just looked at their catalog and yes they have them for the KDX's

http://www.woessner-kolben.de/sites/def ... s_2009.pdf

Here is their 2010 online catalog.
http://wossneronline.com/forged_pistons/
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

I cant vouch for the 2 cycle bike stuff but I run them in my Audi, 35k miles of daily abuse on low boost around 330 hp at all 4 wheels with multiple track days and dyno sessions @ 38psi and 480 whp and still going strong.I wouldn't hesitate to run one in my bike as they are high quality :partyman:
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

Got a big bore kit with one in my Husky, not many miles on it yet, but runs real strong!
paulkdx220

Post by paulkdx220 »

i have put a set of wossner's in my kawasaki H1 and they have been great with 6000 miles on them. they're cheaper than wisecos, at least here in ontario, canada. mine were purchased online from a company in the states called "fast from the past".
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

wossner are german made quality performance piston manufacturer & come with a special coating added to skirt area which helps to reduce friction when in the cylinder, the crown of the piston is mirror polished which improves combustion & squish which reduces detonation, improving performance, each piston comes machined ( depending on the size you require) so as to fit slightly tighter than the oe piston improving the compression in modern hi performance engines either 2 of 4 stroke motors...apparently they lighter than a wiseco piston !
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I ran a Wossner in my 220 for awhile. They're great pistons.
'00 KDX 220R