Surprise....You have a desert pipe!

Got questions? We got answers....
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Surprise....You have a desert pipe!

Post by SOARSKI »

I bought my 04 KDX200 last July. It was all stock except for the FMF exhaust system. So this winter I decided to start with the upgrades. One of them was an eline carbon fiber pipe guard for my FMF Woods pipe. I took it out of the box oohed and ahhed over the workmanship and how pretty it looked.:drool: Then I went to fit it to the pipe and the damn thing didn't seem to fit. WTF. Did they send me the wrong pipe guard?:hmm: The model number was written on the inside of the pipe guard so I crossed referenced it with the pipe model number on FMF site. Didn't match the Woods Pipe... But it did match the Desert Pipe. WTF Again! So I went back to my pipe and sure enough stamped right on the pipe is 055-020056. Surprise you gotta a desert pipe brotha. All this time I assumed I had a woods pipe because thats what most use with the 200.

Instead of sending the pipe guard back I just bought a new pipe :grin: My wallet and wife :sad:

So up for sale is a used but in excellent condition FMF Desert Pipe in the 'Part and bikes section".

Take a look :
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8627

Here is a link to the FMF site:
http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Category/57
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

where did you get an eline pipe guard...I thought they quite making them for the desert pipe
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

So this winter I decided to start with the upgrades. One of them was an eline carbon fiber pipe guard for my FMF Woods pipe.
Which he then found out he didn't have....

I've heard of this happening to a few people, even people who purchased the woods pipe and GOT the rev pipe, or the other way 'round.
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

so eline does make a guard for the woods pipe...nice to know

thanks,

john
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by SOARSKI »

>|<>QBB<
jbowens2401 wrote:so eline does make a guard for the woods pipe...nice to know

thanks,

john
It's a beautifully made carbon pipe guard. The only drawback is that it's pricey compared to the alternatives. I thought about making my own but I'm running out of time to do stuff these days. I found that MXsouth.com was cheaper than the other vendors.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

you can get a aluminum one for 25 bucks I believe from RM, works well.
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Yeah, 140 bucks is a bit high for me. I would rather spend the money on something else.