How much $ for a stock 1989 silencer?

Got questions? We got answers....
chrisg
Supporting Member

How much $ for a stock 1989 silencer?

Post by chrisg »

I'm looking for a stock silencer for 1989 200. I saw two on ebay, on e for $65, and one $100. Seems a little rich, but who knows?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

what's wrong with the one you have? Parts are available to rebuild them, ya know? I've got a few extra bits and pieces for e series spark arrestors at hte house.
chrisg
Supporting Member

Post by chrisg »

The one I have is some old aftermarket thing that is a piece of crap in all departments.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

PM Topperharley.... he should have one available....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

chrisq,

I have a stock silencer off a '90 KDX 200 that you can have for $35 and whatever shipping is from NJ. You can PM or e-mail me at dfeckel@yahoo.com.
David Eckel
roadkillrobert

Post by roadkillrobert »

Half the world took those off, they have to be laying in garages all over the place - $100 on ebay is a rip!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Not really. I mean, $100 for one is a rip, but half the world didn't take them off. Not many people bothered replacing the 89-94 SA since it was a very good unit. Looks pretty good with the aluminum can, has replaceable packing, great low noise levels, and not very restrictive. Replacing one of those with an aftermarket is not much of an upgrade at all. The stocker has every bit of the quality of any of the E series aftermarket offerings.
chrisg
Supporting Member

Post by chrisg »

I wish they were all over the place! Unfortunately dfeckel's had been cut down a bit, (he discovered that after posting here btw) so the trail stewards up here may have a problem with it, so I'm still looking.
I tried PM'g topperharley, but I don't think my PM's are working. It shows nothing in the sentbox.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It will be in the outbox if it has not been read.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "