That dang tang thang.

Got questions? We got answers....
chrisg
Supporting Member

That dang tang thang.

Post by chrisg »

My KDX200 has a propensity for peeing. I tried bending the tang down a little, but no luck. When I look at service manual I can't for the life of me figure out how to make my float look like the one in the drawing where they tell you how to adjust the tang to 16mm. 16mm from where to where?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

16mm from the bottom of the float to the lip of the carb.... but to where it is just touching the needle closed... hope that helps. I tend to go 17mm....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

1992 KDX 200; RB head; Fatty pipe; stock carb; Stock silencer

40 / 150 / CGK pos 3
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:neutral: That's all well and good but you will never get the float height right using that pic as it is wrong...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

That pic always fugged me up
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

any photos or correct diagrams of correct float level?

Thanks
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hows this...

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****