Clutch Question

Got questions? We got answers....
bmann

Clutch Question

Post by bmann »

First off, what a fantastic site. You guys defiantly played a roll in me buying a 1991 200, and a 1989 200 for myself and the girl friend. The 91 is mine and had it out on the weekend - what a hoot (no more 4t for this boy offroad). Anyways to get to the root of my question, my gf's bike needed a new top end (among many other things :roll: ) and when changing it out I noticed the clutch basket fingers were pretty beat up and pitted, so found myself a ebay replacement from an e series bike. Clutch looks fantastic, but the top of the fingers have a cut out at the top that looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0412260777
Whereas the old unit was solid right to the top. Will this present a problem? Or are the two styles interchangeable. Height measures the same, and it seems to fit fine, but I dont want to screw anything up by running it with the wrong part.
Thanks
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

your link is not working.
Can't really help with your clutch sorry. But welcome to the site :partyman:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

There were at least a couple different looking baskets used in the E series. I have an 89 and a 91 in the garage. My 89 has the notches at the top, the 91 does not (or maybe it's the other way around?). They seem perfectly interchangeable, no problem. You should be fine.

Congrats on the bikes!
bmann

Post by bmann »

That is great to hear.
thanks