Water Spout Gasket Removal

Got questions? We got answers....
pdiddy

Water Spout Gasket Removal

Post by pdiddy »

This stupid water spout gasket has me very irritated! :evil:

How in the world do I remove it? I have the majority of it off both the head and the water spout, but there is still some there. I have tried to very carefully remove it with a razor blade and adhesive remover.

Do I just need to be more patient, or am I missing something obvious? :sad:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Gasket Remover should pretty much just make it mush....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

yup
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
pdiddy

Post by pdiddy »

I bought the adhesive remover at the auto parts store, but I am starting to think they were liars when they said it would remove gaskets. :evil:

Time to head to a different auto parts store and find some official gasket remover. Any brand preference?
2004 KDX 200
RB Carb and Head mods, 2002 KX 125 Forks, air box lid removed, VForce 3 Reeds, PC Platinum 2 EC, gripper seat cover, Renthal bars, Fredette chain guide, and some other odds and ends
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Comes in a metal can with a brush attached to the lid. Any brand should work as long as it says Gasket Remover.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Dunno who makes it, but that **** right there works

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Permatex

It bubbles up when ya spray it
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yup... gots some of that too! Works GREAT!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Dunno who makes it......
Mr. Wibbens-
It says Permatex right on the can, don't it? Is that the stuff?
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:
Dunno who makes it......
Mr. Wibbens-
It says Permatex right on the can, don't it? Is that the stuff?
thats the ****
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
pdiddy

Post by pdiddy »

Well, evidently gasket remover has become ultra-rare around here. I went to 4 auto parts stores and NONE had it. NAPA told me it is on back order for at least 2 weeks. GRRRR

Fortunately I found some on Amazon. It isnt a spray, rather it has a brush top for applying the remover. It is all I can find, so I hope it works. :mad:
2004 KDX 200
RB Carb and Head mods, 2002 KX 125 Forks, air box lid removed, VForce 3 Reeds, PC Platinum 2 EC, gripper seat cover, Renthal bars, Fredette chain guide, and some other odds and ends
bronco95tgp

Post by bronco95tgp »

Yo pdiddy. What up gangster?
You can lay a piece of mild sand paper on your work bench and rub the spout on it.. I never used gasket remover, but I have sprayed engine degreaser or oven cleaner on parts and let them soak over night, that usually softens things up enough. Make sure to clean the spout good after you hit it with that sand paper.
its a '04 KDX 220 cadillac
pdiddy

Post by pdiddy »

Argh, Amazon just emailed me to say that the order was canceled as the vendor is out of stock and doesn't know when they will get more.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
2004 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
bronco95tgp

Post by bronco95tgp »

>|<>QBB<
bronco95tgp wrote:Yo pdiddy. What up gangster?
You can lay a piece of mild sand paper on your work bench and rub the spout on it.. I never used gasket remover, but I have sprayed engine degreaser or oven cleaner on parts and let them soak over night, that usually softens things up enough. Make sure to clean the spout good after you hit it with that sand paper.
its a '04 KDX 220 cadillac