i never had this problem before
i have new air filter and the carb is super clean
any suggestions
if you ain't ridin you aint livin
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

could be lean, could be rich. If compression is good and the engine is sound I'd almost guarantee it's one or the other. Without more information on the symptom it's impossible to say. Rich or lean can feel like a bog, but the way it bogs is different. If it's rich, it's going to feel like it's drowning out. Sort of sputtering. If it's lean, it's going to have a deep hollow sound when it bogs.

I can't diagnose any further, since you have not provided any pertinent information. Elevation, current jetting, air screw setting, clip position, engine modifications, etc.

BTW, this is called "thread jacking". Feel free to start your own thread asking for advice on your bike...

J.
1agofst

Post by 1agofst »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:could be lean, could be rich. If compression is good and the engine is sound I'd almost guarantee it's one or the other. Without more information on the symptom it's impossible to say. Rich or lean can feel like a bog, but the way it bogs is different. If it's rich, it's going to feel like it's drowning out. Sort of sputtering. If it's lean, it's going to have a deep hollow sound when it bogs.

I can't diagnose any further, since you have not provided any pertinent information. Elevation, current jetting, air screw setting, clip position, engine modifications, etc.

BTW, this is called "thread jacking". Feel free to start your own thread asking for advice on your bike...

J.
ok sorry if i threadjacked
i was under the assumption that we were all here to help each other out
i would expect someone to be a jerk on the corvette forum but not on here wow :mad:
if you ain't ridin you aint livin
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

He wasn't trying to be a jerk... just trying to help. The original posters problem could be and probably is completely different than yours. Just trying to give everyone equal time.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

freakin n00bs :butthead:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Dang sorry man, I didn't mean to come off sounding rude. I threw some ideas out there for ya and prompted you to start up your own topic. This thread was about Matt's KDX. By all means, please do that. Throw in some more information about the history of your bike and it's current setup too. There's plenty of guys here smarter than me, and someone's gonna be able to help you out, most certainly. I just do my best, and I learn a lot from these guys too. The more information you provide about the current condition of your ride the more help you can get.

I didn't notice that that was your first post too, welcome to the forum.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Now fetch us all a beer n00b
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:freakin n00bs :butthead:
where's carv when you need him??? :lol:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I guess we need something like one of these

Cept maybe a clover shape

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))