Lost fibers on one side of new clutch.

Got questions? We got answers....
Dale

Lost fibers on one side of new clutch.

Post by Dale »

I replaced the clutch, fibers and steels, on my 98 KDX220 about two months ago. I used the Tusk brand. Have about 5 hours on them and all of a sudden, no clutch. Tore it down to find all the fiber gone from one side of the second set from the outside. It was completely gone. I did soak all fibers overnight in oil as I always have. The clutch was adjusted correctly. I've just never had it happen before. Could I be missing something or do they simply come off from time to time like brake pads do? All the others looked fine. I ordered a new set. This time I ordered an EBC Upgrade DRC Kevlar Series Clutch Kit. Hope it works!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It could be that they just let go... Tusk is a cheap brand. It could be that you stacked them wrong.... hard to tell at this point but the damage is done and you have a better set on the way.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I've liked the stuff I got from tusk with the exception of the clutch plates I got. They didn't fit the basket right, and I had to hand fit them with a file. I call it 'blueprinting' LOL I don't have an hour on them so I can't speak to your problem, but will let you know if mine bite the dust too!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Ones I'm using are probably cheaper than the Tusk ones :shock:

I don't even remember the brand, got 'em on ebay for $40
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS