Anyone running Polisport MMX headlight ?

Got questions? We got answers....
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Anyone running Polisport MMX headlight ?

Post by ihatefalling »

THinking about getting one. Wonder if it'll mount up ok. Comes with those rubber mounting straps. I have a WER. Thanks for feedback . . .

http://www.polisport.com/produtos.php?I ... D_ORG=644#
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Sure looks like a KTM design to me. When I had my WR, I had a Polisport replacement light. It worked fine.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

Any update on this? I too am looking at this headlight. I thought I read somewhere that Inda said the stock KDX coil wont light this badboy.
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Well, I have a friend with an extra OEM light and he's selling it to me cheap....so no MMX for me now. If you get one, I'd sure like to see pics though.....Thanks!
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Update....I got one of the Polisport MMX headlights.....in white :shock:

Pretty easy to install. The aim was naturally too high so I had to fab just a minute to get the aim down....no biggie.

The only think of note is: the connectors on the headlight are male spade connectors that are really skinny. I guess normal spades are 1/4 or something....these are like 1/8.

So what do you think of the white? I bought it b/c it was $7 cheaper than green......... :cool:
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Looks good. How is it holding up?
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

ha....just put it on 10 minutes ago.........so far so good :cool:

Oh yeah.....the beam is reasonably good. Probably the same light output as the stocker, but it seems to be dispersed a little more.....so not quite as bright, but a little wider beam........same difference probably
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
Jonooffler

Post by Jonooffler »

looks good on the bike I must admit hat I had been told that the coil would not power this light, I might have a look at one of these for mine.
Been riding off road for 10 years still finding out how best to do it.Riden a DR125 then a DT125R then a DR125 then DRZ400 then XR250 then a TE610 now I hope that I have found the best a KDX220 just to add the KDX has gone now riding a WR426 which I love and is so much better than the KDX.
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Update......been on a few rides with the new light. Has held up just fine. The rubber mounts make it just a touch "movey" if that's a word, but it's no big deal at all. Haven't needed it at night. The light would get you out of the woods but I wouldn't run any rallys with it.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
stomlinson

Post by stomlinson »

I have one on my bike too, I didnt use the plastic shims and I also had to put some small plastic pieces in behind the upper straps to aim it down. But the light is way better then my buddy jays stock 98 220 light. We compaired lights the other night when we rode late. My coil lights it just fine and I wired in both high and low beam together one issue I had was the small light in the top corner fell out so I would suggest siliconing it in. Mine is lost and gone forever :-(
stomlinson

Post by stomlinson »

Can anyone tell me how to upload pics im a computer loser but a kdx winner :-D
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

tinypic.com or photobucket.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

FYI, you can get 45 and 60 watt bulbs that fit the MMX. I'll be trying both when I get my 200 done however I will be running a higher output stator. :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

thanks for that heads up
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
Arkmage

Post by Arkmage »

Is there some trick you used to get the little rubber nubs on the straps to go through the holes in the headlight? I've tried pushing them through, tried pulling them through with pliers, tried grease, tried trimming them some...

I don't get it.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Try pushing them thru with a dull screwdriver.
morganid
Supporting Member

Re: Anyone running Polisport MMX headlight ?

Post by morganid »

Sorry to comment on an old post. Do you still like the headlight? I just got a 2003 KDX 220. I Have the stock headlight but I"m looking for a headlight that has a high/low beam on it. Does this headlight do that? I want to make my bike street legal so I'm starting to look at parts and what not I'll need. Thanks.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

morganid wrote:Sorry to comment on an old post. Do you still like the headlight? I just got a 2003 KDX 220. I Have the stock headlight but I"m looking for a headlight that has a high/low beam on it. Does this headlight do that? I want to make my bike street legal so I'm starting to look at parts and what not I'll need. Thanks.
The "Tusk Dual Sport kit" from RMATV as the best way to go with this, and then a new dual pole socket for your stock headlight, which you should be able to find at a auto parts store. The stock bulb is already a hi/lo bulb, just no switch and a single pole socket.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

Post by Mayor Brap Brap »

6 Riders wrote:
morganid wrote:Sorry to comment on an old post. Do you still like the headlight? I just got a 2003 KDX 220. I Have the stock headlight but I"m looking for a headlight that has a high/low beam on it. Does this headlight do that? I want to make my bike street legal so I'm starting to look at parts and what not I'll need. Thanks.
The "Tusk Dual Sport kit" from RMATV as the best way to go with this, and then a new dual pole socket for your stock headlight, which you should be able to find at a auto parts store. The stock bulb is already a hi/lo bulb, just no switch and a single pole socket.
I am thinking of the Tusk Dualsport kit, but I already have the UFO Sahara headlight and UFO taillight with bulb. My question is this: how can I convert the UFO headlight and taillight to LEDs? Would I search for an LED socket? How would I know what voltage/wattage/etc. to find? Thank you!

-An Electrical Idiot
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

With the tail light, you just buy a red led 1157 bulb, pretty simple. As far as the headlight.....I've been searching and only came up with one thing, but I have to order it from China and I'm not ready to do that yet.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type