Fork slider clicking

Got questions? We got answers....
derbydad

Fork slider clicking

Post by derbydad »

Hi,

I am new to the site, but have had my KDX 200 for 3 years now. This past weekend I changed fork springs to .40 Kg. I had been running .43s.

In any case, I now have a clicking sound coming from the Rt. fork. It appears to be coming from just below the seal. The pre-load spacers are the same length and the clickers are set the same.

Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong, or what I should do to fix it?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There are clips that go on the bottom of the springs. Maybe that one is not connected and bouncing around at the bottom of your fork.

Also another cause is that if you did not turn the tube onto the cap instead of just twisting the cap on. This is the main reason you will have this....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
derbydad

Post by derbydad »

Thanks. I do have spacers that came with the springs, not the stock clips in the bottom. They do not clip on, so that could be it.

Also, I did not turn the tube, I turned the cap so I can start there first. If that doesn't do it, I will try replacing the spacer I used with the stock clips.

Naturally, I took it apart again before reading this, and it is still doing it, so hopefully three times is the charm!

Mike