A Modern KDX?

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX4ID
Supporting Member

A Modern KDX?

Post by KDX4ID »

CURRENT FLEET
2008 KTM 990 Adventure...Alaska here I come!
2010 KTM 300 XCW... stop me before I buy again!
2005 KDX220... single track sweetie
2007 KTM 450 EXC... my baby
2008 KTM Superduke... Canyon Carver
1996 Honda 650L... GONE but not forgotten
http://www.friendsoftruckeetrails.org
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

He didn't shave too much weight off the KDX considering how much of a pain in the ass that thing would be to ride. Very purpose built but beond that, I really am not impressed. And what he thinks it is worth is laughable considering just about anybody here could build one similar.

I like how he says the pipe is vulnerable but didn't even make a guard for it. Something keeps telling me the guy is wacked.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
NewMexico505

Post by NewMexico505 »

I think its a nice bike, and shows just how great the old KDX is.
KDX4ID
Supporting Member

Post by KDX4ID »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:He didn't shave too much weight off the KDX considering how much of a pain in the ass that thing would be to ride. Very purpose built but beond that, I really am not impressed. And what he thinks it is worth is laughable considering just about anybody here could build one similar.

I like how he says the pipe is vulnerable but didn't even make a guard for it. Something keeps telling me the guy is wacked.
I tend to agree. He states the stock KDX is 250 lbs, mine sure doesn't feel that heavy. I can't help but wonder how a "real" KDX would do in an Endurocross.
CURRENT FLEET
2008 KTM 990 Adventure...Alaska here I come!
2010 KTM 300 XCW... stop me before I buy again!
2005 KDX220... single track sweetie
2007 KTM 450 EXC... my baby
2008 KTM Superduke... Canyon Carver
1996 Honda 650L... GONE but not forgotten
http://www.friendsoftruckeetrails.org
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I totally agree with Inda, the only good part of his build was putting the rad in a safer place, but on the other hand you lose the tank unless you find another way to make a bigger one and on top of that: I WILL NOT SEAT ON A 2X4! If I wanted that I could buy a KTM :roll:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote: Something keeps telling me the guy is wacked.

Name anyone on this board that isn't a little wacked? :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I can't... :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bronco95tgp

Post by bronco95tgp »

chicken shack get a wack on a kdx cadillac :partyman:
its a '04 KDX 220 cadillac
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I have to say I prefer the kx/kdx hybrids I've seen here over that thing.

On a lighter note, we should all be able to score 250f rollers for cheap in the upcoming years, as the engines blow and the owners realize the rebuild will cost more than the bike is worth!
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Not terribly impressed. A decent, low performance motor in a good chassis? I'd expect it to do well in an endurocross setting. I keep thinking one day one of the manufacturers will realize there is a market in a bike with less power than a 250 2st but a similar power delivery and a decent chassis. I'm not talking a KTM200, either.

I sure would not have gone with an electric water pump or moved the radiators. The pipe is more exposed than the radiators, by far. The fuel cell could have been done leaving the stock tank in place but empty.

Still, nice to see something other than the latest valve technology and more power debate.

I'd love to find a 175-200cc aircooled 2st motor to put into a modern chassis......-
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Pipe's a lot easier to fix than a radiator
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Pipe's a lot easier to fix than a radiator

True enough.
Maybe not so in the middle of a race. That pipe looks like a glass chin just sticking out there waiting to get smashed. Maybe uncoil the straight length and go up and over the motor, like the old YZ's....

Neat to see that endurocross can be raced competitively without the latest and greatest power plant
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
warsteiner

Chicken shack

Post by warsteiner »

chicken shack get a wack on a kdx cadillac

LMAO Good one... :partyman:
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:I have to say I prefer the kx/kdx hybrids I've seen here over that thing.

On a lighter note, we should all be able to score 250f rollers for cheap in the upcoming years, as the engines blow and the owners realize the rebuild will cost more than the bike is worth!
Ya. The KX125 hybrids you guys have built around here look better (and easier) in all ways. 20 pounds lighter than his to boot.