Can't Get The Motor Head Off

Got questions? We got answers....
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Can't Get The Motor Head Off

Post by SOARSKI »

Can't get the motor head off :mad:

I've removed the 8 nuts and the two bolts that hold the head to the frame. The gasket seal has broken. I can get about 1/8" separation between the head and cylinder. I've stuck wedges between the two to try and bring the head off evenly but the **** would budge. WTF am I missing. I don't want to damage the mating surfaces.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

wiggle wiggle wiggle. It will eventually come off. Helps if you go ahead and remove the head stay brackets from the frame so you have some extra wiggle room.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I use a dead-blow rubber mallet to tap it all around.... gotta break it loose.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by SOARSKI »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:wiggle wiggle wiggle. It will eventually come off. Helps if you go ahead and remove the head stay brackets from the frame so you have some extra wiggle room.
Completely removing the head stay brackets did the trick rather than removing just the two bolts that bolt to the head. In fact after removing the brackets it just slid off with minimal effort.
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Yeah, I had the same problem with mine...those mounting brackets can really wedge it in there. After taking them off, it came off easily just like you said.