Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Ebay, dang!!

Post by Julien D »

Just lost this one last night...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

Looks like an RB modded AS. NICE! Someone got lucky!!

I did manage to win this one though.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

It's a WER, and no pics, but the price was right!

Same seller had a vforce3 reed cage listed as "kdx reeds". I think it sold for about $50.

J.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

Nice find on the Damper
doctord23
Supporting Member

Post by doctord23 »

So that was you I was bidding against. :mad:
I got the carb and the VF3.
Good buy on the WER. I was trying for the hat trick. :wink:
My Team Green:
2002 KX-KDX 220
2000 KDX 220
2003 KLX 300 DS
1988 White KDX 200C3
1984 KX500 (original owner)
1996 Honda Magna V4
2017 Honda Africa Twin DCT
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

You guys should've used the eBay Hands Off forum. It stops us all from outbidding each other.
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah Varmint, but unfortunately lots of people troll this forum who aren't members. Somehow I don't think they'd respect our "hands off" listings.

I think you got the better score on that carb. I really needed that too! My buddies 91 carb is trashed. I was gonna use the AS on my bike and donate my PWK to him. Kinda broke so if I'd gotten the carb I would not have bid on the damper. Nice score on the vforce too!

Wanna fight for the carb?!?! lol
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Uh... they can't see it if they are not a member.

Try it out. Log out and visit the forum and see what you can see. Not much my friends! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Hey thanks Inda, never thought of that. Maybe I just have trust issues, lol.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I tend to think things out on the site before implementing them.... :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah I know, you're good like that! I still just can't feel quite right about posting up a link to an auction that was mislisted and hopefully going unnoticed. I'll give it a shot next time though!

Imagine, RB Modded airstriker listed as "kdx carb"

and Vforce-3 reed cage listed only as "kdx reeds"

I'm pretty happy I got the WER damper anyway. Maybe not a Scotts, but for $80 shipped I'll take it!
doctord23
Supporting Member

Post by doctord23 »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote: Wanna fight for the carb?!?! lol
We already did. I was the high bidder on the WER at 1 cent with 10 seconds left until you sniped it. Hey, we both came out happy. I did also get a rear brake lever for a penny from the same guy.

I was thinking of using the "Hand Off" but I had the same concerns as you. Thanks for clearing that up Inda.
I did check it to see if anyone else from here was after that stuff but there were no posts.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yes yes, totally just a joke brotha.

Yeah I did the same looking, but I didn't post it, lol. Well next time we'll know!

Hey, just for curiosity, what was your max bid on that carb? Even with me drivin up the price a bit for you that's an INSANE deal. Make sure to post up results when you get it installed, and if you've got a PWK it's replacing, let me know if you're puttin it up for sale.
doctord23
Supporting Member

Post by doctord23 »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote: Hey, just for curiosity, what was your max bid on that carb?
Buck and a quarter.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
VirtualVarmint wrote:You guys should've used the eBay Hands Off forum. It stops us all from outbidding each other.
Keep in mind not everyone on here reads that forum :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
VirtualVarmint wrote:You guys should've used the eBay Hands Off forum. It stops us all from outbidding each other.
Keep in mind not everyone on here reads that forum :wink:
I do... AFTER I bid on something. :wink:
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
808hondacrguy

Post by 808hondacrguy »

That carb was going for $3.23 seemed like forever. I thought I would scoreit for $30.00 or so. I was wondering why nobody was bidding on it. Oh well. :roll:
doctord23
Supporting Member

Post by doctord23 »

>|<>QBB<
808hondacrguy wrote:That carb was going for $3.23 seemed like forever. I thought I would scoreit for $30.00 or so. I was wondering why nobody was bidding on it. Oh well. :roll:
Yeah I was hoping to get it for $3.23, but Juliend made me work for it.

This weekend was my first time out with the new to me Air Striker and VF3 that I bought installed. I was afraid that the jetting numbers seemed lean, but I only adjusted the fuel level and gave it a try. FYI, my bike is a 2000 220 that I had previously added a 35mm carb, boyesen reeds and a desert pipe to. Those changes were a big upgrade from the stock parts, but WOW, the new parts really woke up the 220. Good power from down low that keeps building until the kips opens and then it just rips. I can feel an improvement from bottom to top.

It was also my first time out since installing '01 KX250 forks and properly adjusting the rear shock. WOW again, I have suspension now. I thought the 250 forks felt a little stiff sitting still and was considering lighter springs (I'm about 175 lbs), but they seem to match the rear so well that I am leaving it alone.

Oh yeah, it was also the first time out with a new Dunlop D803 trials tire (I've been busy). It was raining and the terrain was very slimy, but it held it's own in the mud and excelled in all other conditions.

I have always liked the KDX's. My first was an '81 175 that I bought brand new and ran until I passed it down to my brother-in-law and replaced it with a KX500 in 1984. I now LOVE my bike. Thanks for all of the information on the forum that helped me make the right changes. Others did all of the background work for me and I appreciate it.

Next up has to be an RB'd head that everyone raves about. I can't believe that there is still more to get out of it.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The damper worked out ok. It is of course a WER though. I can verify as a few others did that if you go center to left to center to left it does not dampen on the second trip out to the left. Must go right to "reset" I guess. Kinda lame that bit, but other than that it works very well. I rode it once before changing the oil out. I notice a big difference after the oil change messing with it by hand and tooling around the yard. Hope to get back out to ride again this saturday so it should get a real workout then.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

What weight oil did you use?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I went against the manuals advice and used 50/50 10wt 5wt. So 7.5wt? You use a WER, right? Any tips?
zz3gmc

Post by zz3gmc »

Ive been using WERs since 94, still using my original and just recently bought a new one. They work great! Ive never been sold on the "adjust on the fly" functions of the Scotts and others. I never adjust mine on the fly or change settings during an enduro. I set it and forget it and just concentrate on the ride ahead. Rebuild kits are available and are easy to rebuild. Living close to WER, I just take it over to him when I drop off my suspension for a rebuild or a revalve.