Anybody using a clear/natural fuel tank?

Got questions? We got answers....
MontanaKDX
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Anybody using a clear/natural fuel tank?

Post by MontanaKDX »

My original fuel tank is cracked and leaking. This is a perfect excuse to buy a new oversized tank. To my horror, Clarke doesn't produce a tank in purple! :sad: Do any of you guys/gals use the 'natural' colored one? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm trying to decide on natural or black.
'97 KDX 220

RIDE ON!
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

I have used the natural tank for a few seasons. Its held up well. I was worried that the sun or gas would cause it to turn yellow fast but so far so good. Its really nice to quickly look down and see how much gas you have. Will never have a bike without a white or natural tank. Clarke makes good stuff.

The oversized clarke tank has a small dent in the mold but the stock tank looks pretty good. I have both.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

White tanks will not allow you to see the gas without opening the gas cap and looking in. Natural will allow you to see the level of gas on the fly or when stopped. I have had a number of the "Natural" Clark tanks and I agree that the Clarke tanks seem to stand up well. Some coloring of the tank will take place over time but my 6 year old Clarke tank on my 380 is still easy to see the gas level through out the tank.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
MontanaKDX
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by MontanaKDX »

Thank you for the comments. I will be ordering the oversized natural tank.
'97 KDX 220

RIDE ON!