"Kustom Kraft" signature

Got questions? We got answers....
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

"Kustom Kraft" signature

Post by johnyblaze »

Anybody recognize that signature?

I finally took my new to me (bought in Nov and put away for the winter) out into the light of day. On the left side of the jug is etched "kustom kraft".

The PO was unaware of any head/cylinder work that may have been done prior to his ownership. That etching looks as if something special has been done to the bike. Anyone recognize it?

BTW, bike started on the 5th kick after sitting for 2.5 months. And at 12 degrees F as well. What a trooper.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hmmmm..... may have went to a machine shop for something, but I don't recognize it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

They have a good reputation for their KLX 250s big bore kits.
Ontario, Canada
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Ah, thanks for the details guys. Think I'll call them on Monday to see if they can identify the work done by the VIN. Gotta be proud of your work to etch your name in the cylinder.
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

probably just a re-plate, otherwise it would be an overbore or big bore. measure the piston?
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Haven't had the head off - but I will soon. Sending the carb, head and steering stem/clamps to RB for his magic. I'll check the bore before sending it off to make sure it's just a replate. Sure does have a lot of stonk for a 220 though, easily more than the 200's I test rode. Guess it wouldn't shock me to find it's a BB but I'll bet on a replate.
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Stonk? lol. I like it.

Wanna race for pinks??

J.
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Nah, I'm a sucky rider. Tell you what though, I'll race myself on both our bikes and keep your pink if necessary :twisted:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

LOL, now that would hardly be fair. You could hold back on my bike and then you'd win no contest.... :butthead:

I'm interested to see if you get any info out of kustom kraft, also curious how the piston measures out.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

>|<>QBB<
johnyblaze wrote:Ah, thanks for the details guys. Think I'll call them on Monday to see if they can identify the work done by the VIN. Gotta be proud of your work to etch your name in the cylinder.
They are also known for porting. Maybe you got lucky - porting and a replate to yield a 220 that will scream. Good idea on the vin check
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
IdahoCharley wrote:>|<>QBB<
johnyblaze wrote:Ah, thanks for the details guys. Think I'll call them on Monday to see if they can identify the work done by the VIN. Gotta be proud of your work to etch your name in the cylinder.
They are also known for porting. Maybe you got lucky - porting and a replate to yield a 220 that will scream. Good idea on the vin check
Or a pingin piece of crap :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Well, I already know its not a pingin piece of crap - so I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

IMO all that matters is the end result!
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Well, I called Kustom-Kraft. The technician said they only keep records by the owner's name. No VIN search available.

He also recommended checking the piston size for a possible BBK but said that most KDX jobs are a simple replating.