radiator fluid

Got questions? We got answers....
jbowens2401

radiator fluid

Post by jbowens2401 »

I just got my carb and head back from Mr. Black. I installed everything, filled the radiator, and the reserve tank. I leaned the bike back and forth to fill any air pockets when putting the fluid in the radiator. I took the bike for a 5 - 10 minute spin around the neighborhood (it ran great and started on the 2nd kick). When I got back home, I noticed my reserve tank was only half full...is this normal when refilling the radiator or could something potentially be wrong?

Thanks,

John
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's normal..

You are supposed to burp the system through the bolt on top of the head.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that. Should I take the tank off and "burp" the system or just refill the reserve tank and go? You guys on this site have been such a big help...I gonna register right now!

Thanks again,

John
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You should be able to get to the bolt without taking the tank off. Wait until it is warmed up and crack the bolt until it starts flowing coolant and retighten. Then fill up the radiator....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

I just refilled the reserve tank like a retard. Does that substitute for burping the system or do I need to do that tomorrow? Also, how do I become a supporting member?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have refilled the tank and rode without any problems. I don't worry about it as long as the tank is full and it doesn't overheat.

You can subscribe at the top of the page or be a supporting member by using the PayPal link at the bottom of the page.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Thanks, I've never had the kdx overheat, so I don't know what to look for, but I'm sure it's obvious when it does.