Need help IDing this carb

Got questions? We got answers....
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Need help IDing this carb

Post by Tedh98 »

I bought a '98 KDX 200 last night. The owner said he put a different carb on the bike.

The inside of this carb looks a little different than the one that came on my '97 200. The needle was a DEK, I didn't see any numbers on the slide.

Is this an OEM carb or something different? Thanks for any insight.

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

kinda looks like an air striker

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

It sure does, thanks.

From doing a couple of quick searches, this seems like an upgrade to the OEM carb.

How does an air striker compare to an RB carb?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

supposed to be a bit better than the RB mod, I thought about it before I got my RB carb but couldn't justify the price difference for the airsryker.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

:?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

RB mods the airstriker too, for the supposed ultimate carb. Seems more beneficial in MX.

From Keihin:

Producing power without compromise, Keihin PWK carburetors have set the standard for ATV, motocross, and offroad racing
carburetors. Because of there great performance, they come stock on a lot of leading brand names. PWK features include:
• Chromed semi-flat (D shape) throttle valve for excellent response and more flow at high RPM.
• Throttle Bores sized to give maximum power.
• Quad Vents - Air Striker - Eliminates post jump bogging from fuel plugged vent passages.
• PWK Air Strikers - Directs air to main nozzle for improved signal and throttle response.
PWK carburetors are available in Standard (Non Air Striker) and Air Striker/Quad Vent. Sold each.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project