info on 220r piston change.

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah you can buy the piston from whoever is doing your plating, or get your piston first and send with it. I was happy with langcourt for sure. Really fast and great pricing. I did get a bit of a discount though :mrgreen:.

Millenium seems to do really good work too. Seen some US Chrome horror stories lately so they're about the only one I'd avoid.
clintok1997

Post by clintok1997 »

Good to know , much appreciate nput from all,US chrome gets the most hits on net for plating Im glad for the warning.I do want reliability so Ill stick with standard bore.Im infected with this bike,Ive been looking at stuff for it all weekend.I just picked up a 2001 kx 250 from a guy off craiglist , Ive been contemplating forks.The kx just needs a rear whell and cleaned up, not sure what Im gonna do on that topic yet,If Ican part it out and end up with really cheap front end I might start that after engine work.I gave 700 for kx and everything function well.well see.
clintok1997

Post by clintok1997 »

Hey , Ive come out of my hole, no but seriously , I got my bike back together a couple weeks ago and just now had good enough weather to heat cycle and break in new motor.Everything is good/Ive made alot of changes ,
FMF desert pipe and core 2 silencer
Air box mod , half of lid is gone now.
wiseco stock piston
200 carb made 36mm , Ebay
Excel Black wheels
renthal gold chain and sprockets 13/49
I bought another KDX with alot ofl these parts and stock parts as well robbed everything I wanted and sold bike for same money , so lucky!
Im toying with jetting and having trouble distinguishing higher idle on pilot jet , Ive read and understand jetting , but not convinced Im getting a significant Idle increase in pilot screw adjust.Any thoughts on this?