which pipe for stock 220

Got questions? We got answers....
bigene
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

which pipe for stock 220

Post by bigene »

hey guys- just wondering, which pipe to use for stock (no air box lid) 2004 kdx 220- frp says not to use the fmf woods (torque pipe) but to use the desert pipe only- I ride tight woods in minnesota and rarely get into 5th or 6th gear, unless in a transfer section. any input would be great
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It is commonly thought that the 220 has plenty of bottom end and will not benefit from a woods pipe. This is why a Desert pipe is recommended.

If that bike has the stock piston in it... replace immediately with a Wiseco. The stock piston is a ticking time bomb.

Then get the RB head and carb mods for your 220. It will be a solid tree climber with the Desert pipe.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I have a 220, and recommend the rev pipe. Ditto on the piston, do not do anything before replacing it.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No luck unloading it for a 200 yet huh Mike? :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I'd like to ride a 200. I'd like a little more top than what mine has, but I also like how mine pulls when I'm tired. I'm also very comfortable on the KDX. I've ridden KTMs and lots of MX bikes, and the KDX just feels like home.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
plb

Post by plb »

It is commonly thought that the 220 has plenty of bottom end and will not benefit from a woods pipe. This is why a Desert pipe is recommended.
I agree. :mrgreen: