What extra parts do you keep on hand?

Got questions? We got answers....
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

What extra parts do you keep on hand?

Post by SOARSKI »

I was wondering what extra parts you guys like to keep on hand. The ones that break and can end a day riding. I'm thinking:

brake/clutch levers
gear shifter
rear brake pedal

Anything else?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Rear Tire - Full setup, ready to bolt on! It will save a ride and make your buddies happy. :wink:

Front too if you got some money to burn!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by SOARSKI »

Oh I'm Burnin! I'm burnin before the next credit card bill comes so my wife can't say NO. :grin:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Rear Tire - Full setup, ready to bolt on! It will save a ride and make your buddies happy. :wink:

Front too if you got some money to burn!
Do you just tie it to your back?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have yet to not make it back to the truck... even on a flat. If it shreds... it shreds.
Last edited by Indawoods on 01:41 pm Jan 25 2010, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

a pack o'smoke and bottle o'listerin :lol:
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I carry a sparky plug. That's pretty much it besides some duct tape and tools. Anything else is gonna be "fixed" with my tow strap and my buddy's BRP (Big Red Pig- XR650R). Knock on wood, never had to resort to that so far.

*edit* Oh yeah, I carry an LED headlight, bug spray, tire inflator, GPS, sun screen, and lots of water in case I have to walk out.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by SOARSKI »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I carry a sparky plug. That's pretty much it besides some duct tape and tools. Anything else is gonna be "fixed" with my tow strap and my buddy's BRP (Big Red Pig- XR650R). Knock on wood, never had to resort to that so far.

*edit* Oh yeah, I carry an LED headlight, bug spray, tire inflator, GPS, sun screen, and lots of water in case I have to walk out.
I wasn't meaning items that I would carry with me on the trail. I'd like to have some spare parts that I can keep back at the truck that way my day doesn't end in disappointment. I want to know what parts on the bike may be prone or common to breaking. I'd like to start collecting a small stash of backup parts.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Kick starter nut, rear axle nut... both of these have been lost by me and had to go into town to get.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****