rear fender?

Got questions? We got answers....
pinitwot

rear fender?

Post by pinitwot »

ok i no there was a post about putting a mx style fender on a kdx. i have a 2001 kdx 220. i no majior sells this one:

http://www.powersportsfx.com/sa/cart/de ... ED482FF%7D

and it would actully work

i was looking to order that one then i came along on this universal one buy ufo:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... Id=&mmyId=

would this one for $20 fit? would it look like crap?

also i read a arcticle by jeff fredderate that a kx 500 will fit with just a little mods.? would the kx one look like crap if i put in on? or will it not even work?

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A KX500 fits the E model KDX.... not the H.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

That universal fender won't fit for crap. FRP sells an mx style rear fender for your bike, and there's the maier fender. I think those are your options.
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Bikebandit.com has this one for the KDX. Haven't checked it out but I suspect the KDX version looks more like the stock (light over not under) version. Anyone tried it out?

http://www.bikebandit.com/ufo-enduro-fe ... 6&t=1&td=1
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

I put that universal fender on an E model. It fit OK (meaning it was functional) with some trimming to the forward part. It leaves a gap at the back edge of the seat that looks like crap though. Sorry I don't have any pics of it.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

A friend of mine put that universal fender on his E series. IMO it doesn't fit for crap, and looks like a half assed piece of junk. No offense Sky.
pinitwot

Post by pinitwot »

dang the kx 500 is for the "e" is that the older ones? anyone ever put it on the newer ones?

is there a lot of difference in the "e" and "h" rear fenders?
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:A friend of mine put that universal fender on his E series. IMO it doesn't fit for crap, and looks like a half assed piece of junk. No offense Sky.
No problem, I thought it looked like crap. It was functional. To get it to fit I had to trim the old one off and leave the piece that is down by the airbox. I then cut the universal so that it had a piece about 6-8" long that would go down and attach to the old one with rivets.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The 500 fender is not gonna fit the H series KDX. Yes, they are quite different. Just shoot an email to FRP offroad. He'll fix you right up.