clutch drag

Got questions? We got answers....
kawasakikdx

clutch drag

Post by kawasakikdx »

hello! My clutch drags badly! Trying to kick it in gear the bike moves forward. The clutch /cable/gearbox oil have all been checked and are in good condition. My bike is a 2000 model. Can anybody help. thank you
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

KDX's are known to have clutch drag. Never seen one that didn't.

You can try to reduce it by changing out the springs and adjusting the lever to give a little more pull.... but make sure it is releasing 100% or you will prematurely wear out you clutch plates.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I've never been on a 2 stroke you could kick very well while it's in gear. The clutch simply doesn't work very well when the bike is not running. Some drag when running is fairly normal too. Check for grooves in the clutch basket fingers as a possible cause.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

it get better when the bike is warmed up
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:Check for grooves in the clutch basket fingers as a possible cause.
Very good advice!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "