IMS vs. Clarke oversize gas tank

Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

i think you have to get the clear one...
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

I would not think the fuel level would be visible on the green tank. If you get the IMS I would suggest installing tall seat foam, it improves the looks of the bike as the tank does not seem so disporportioned.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
river
Supporting Member

Post by river »

Thanks. Well I can't see the gas level in my XR650R by looking in the cap but I can see it very well with the IMS on the 200. I can't see it through the side though, but it's easy to pop the top.

I was thinking "god I have to get that gas out it looks dirty" but...oh yeah....two stroke....oil in the gas......this is going to take some getting used to. Wing ding ding.

BTW, anybody make a seat for the KDX? My cover is the ugliest faded purple with looks like sugar melted in all over it, and a couple holes. works but need a complete new seat.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

"BTW, anybody make a seat for the KDX? My cover is the ugliest faded purple with looks like sugar melted in all over it, and a couple holes. works but need a complete new seat."

ebay...
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'BTW, anybody make a seat for the KDX? My cover is the ugliest faded purple with looks like sugar melted in all over it, and a couple holes. works but need a complete new seat.'

Seat? Or seat cover?

Gutsracing is noted for their foam..usually available in a variety..soft/medium/firm.

Covers? At least a couple: Ceet..Factory FX.

Ceet has a 'tall foam' that can be modified to suit. That happens to be what I'm currently using. I used to think the soft OEM foam was THE comfort choice..that was wrong. I'm much more comfortable on a stiffer foam.

I don't know of anyone but Kaw if you need the seat pan.

Re: 60 miles on a tank.

That's to empty? To reserve? Either way..that seems to be on the low side, although I don't know what your riding environs consist of. Last summer I rode over 100 miles and didn't hit reserve. Granted..a good lot of gravel road on that ride. Summer routes here include one that is a good bit over 70 miles..and I don't hit reserve. Haven't measured what it takes to fill, though.

Certainly it depends on the conditions. I've gotten 20 miles to empty, too! ..sand...

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

Most of my rides are over half in the sand, 60 miles is about right (to reserve) for the little KDX hauling my fat ass up sand washes.