piston question

Got questions? We got answers....
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Well, johnny boy...I'm sorry you're too dense to understand basic English..let alone a further explanation of what was simple enough to understand in the first place.

If you think anything said had anything to do with belittling, then the fragile sense of your own self you evidently have is not capable of withstanding the light of day, let alone anything said with such intent.

Heavens to Murgetroyd. Can you possibly be that frail and insufferable? Indeed, such a prig?

So, please expound oh righteous one :prayer: : Exactly what is the correct answer to the question regarding performance gains resulting from a piston swap? Please do be specific.

Nothing about the question possibly gives rise to any uncertainty! Of course that cannot be so....THAT (giving rise to uncertainty) being a definition, moron, of 'dubious'.

...the meaning of the word having absolutely nothing to do with your attempted use of it.

No soup for you!
I've not previously been accused of being dense, fragile or a prig. Insufferable - on occasion - so I'll have to take that one.

Righteous - that's a term used by guilty people who don't like thinking of themselves as such.

The first definition of dubious in my book is "fraught with uncertainty". The only thing even remotely dubious here is your - uh, ... orientation.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'Not that there's anything wrong with that... '

Ha!

Very good.

Just because it has not previously occured, happened, taken place, been uttered, or written..doesn't mean it isn't so.

There is room for growth in pretty much everyone regardless the extent to which they hold themselves to be perspicacious..even those who do not defer to being described as 'righteous'.

My...uh...orientation? In about two minutes that will be pretty much west by northwest. I appreciate your (although who knows for what reason) expressed concern in regard to my direction.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bronco95tgp

Post by bronco95tgp »

its a '04 KDX 220 cadillac
coffekid

piston?

Post by coffekid »

quit it, my sides are hurting. Yall are hirrarious. Uhhh oh yeah, does anyone have any 200 stickers for sale? Yall dudes are a trip...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

someone's sensitive......

It seems to me we've delved into a deep debate here over no real issue all because one fellow believes that there can not be a "point" included in the content of a question while another party believes that a question does indeed encompass a "point".

It's all perception. I think that shirt is red and you think it's pink. And you care, why??

wth is this argument ABOUT?

It's certainly good entertainment anyway..... Happy new year! :partyman:

Hey OP!

No, there's no real performance gain to see from switching to a forged from a cast piston. It is stronger though, and will most likely last quite a bit longer. On your 220, it's not even an option. You HAVE to run the forged piston.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I think it's just too much of this Image

A little of this Image

And not enough of this Image
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

LOL

Like I said. quality entertainment. As are all the activities mentioned in the previous post by Wibbly... quality entertainment. I'm damn sure carvr has had a grand time with this one, and Johnny prolly got so mad he's stormed away from the PC at least twice. And me? I'm just entertained!

I kinda hope I don't post any more here this evenin. I'm gettin pretty far into the wind at this point, and I'll have to talk to all u guys tomorrow.....

could be bad.

Have a fun, happy, and safe new year!

:partyman:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Dang I have yet to pop one open
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
coffekid

piston ?

Post by coffekid »

It is all good fellas, I think all of you guys are quite entertaining! I hope everyone has a great Newyear! :partyman:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Dang I have yet to pop one open
Better hurry!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

That's what argument IS...a lot of blather about nothing of any importance or value.

Still, it can be done well, or done poorly..and the former is certainly a lot more interesting than the latter.
No, there's no real performance gain to see from switching to a forged from a cast piston.
It could've all been left at something that simple.
...where's the fun in that?

PEACE!!...through superior fire power.

THAT'S the way it works...and the ONLY way it works.

Well, complete and utter annihilation of the opposing force works, too...but that usually includes summa that good 'ol firepower.

Amen.

Consider the source

johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Nice. A tank in retreat from 2 boys with stones. I see your point. Peace certainly reigns in the Gaza strip.

Nice metaphor, girls.
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
johnyblaze wrote:Nice. A tank in retreat from 2 boys with stones. I see your point. Peace certainly reigns in the Gaza strip.

Nice metaphor, girls.

'Mommy!!! Johnny called me a GIRL!!' :cry:

Between a question of orientation and being called another gender, I am completely devastated! Whatever shall I do??? :shock: :shock:

Please. Stop!! You have easily exceeded all expectation of attaining the epitome of being pathetic. You win.

Nice colors, johnny.

You have shown them well.

Consider the source

johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Carvr - I am truly awed by your skills. Lets review... you use a lot of words (and I mean lots)... shoot 'em everywhere with no particular aim or purpose... achieve nothing... and declare victory regardless of the outcome.

Damn, you're a US congressman, aren't you dear.

I dub thee Senator Blowhard. All stand for ruffles and flourishes....
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

:hmm:

You honestly don't get it, do you?

I think it was RR that said the most fun was the evisceration of a wanna-be...and them not even understanding what happened.

That wasn't the point..but as simple as I tried to make it...it turned out that way anywho.

Sorry for 'ya.

Cheers anyway!

Consider the source

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Would you gurlz get a room
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

....just arrived to defend the 220 riders......

Everybody knows the R at the end of 220 stands for racing, 'cause its the RACING model of KDX's

so THERE, you mean old 200 guys. Next time WAIT UP!
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Kinda like the gear selector on your car? :wink:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:....just arrived to defend the 220 riders......

Everybody knows the R at the end of 220 stands for racing, 'cause its the RACING model of KDX's

so THERE, you mean old 200 guys. Next time WAIT UP!
Wow there what was dat about mean old ppl? I too have a 200 and I'm not old...i am really offended :cry:

jk
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The 220 originally came with training wheels and the 33mm carb. To cut costs... they dropped the training wheels and was carried as an option after 97 since they knew they would make money on them. :cool:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "