Newbie Questions

Got questions? We got answers....
Mountainman650

Newbie Questions

Post by Mountainman650 »

Greetings all
I've been lurking here occasionally for a while now . I've always liked the KDX's ,but never owned one , UNTIL today.... :mrgreen:

I just picked up a 93' KDX 250.It seems to be in pretty good shape.
The only thing that I could see needed attention was a leaking seal on the right front fork..?..

Ok guys let me hear it all ,the good ,bad, and the ugly(hopefully not)..
Any advise on what to look out for,fix ,modify.??The bike has a Pro circuit pipe and silencer. I haven't torn into anything yet , so I don't know what the jetting or airbox ,etc. looks like...

I believe the KDX 250 was only made from 91'-94'? So I was wondering what /if any parts were interchangable from the 200/220???

Any info is much appreciated
Thanks
Dave in Pa.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's a good one Dave...

The KDX 250 doesn't have very many if any interchangable parts with the 200 and 220's. The 250 sets on a KX frame of sorts... more elongated than the 200's and 220's.

The 250 has been an elusive beast for me... always wanted one to play with but could never find one when I had the cash. Most mechanics will be real similar but jetting will be based on: what it's doing vs. start here methodology. We will help you out anyway we can though and let us know how she rides...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi. Welcome to the site!

Congratulations on getting a KDX!

I was not around during the KDX250's time, so I don't know what the magazines were saying back in the day, nor have I ever ridden one, or even seen one in person. With that said, what I have seen others comment on is that is was a little heavy and a little wide compared to the other enduro / hare scramble racing bikes of the day. Finding aftermarket parts can be tricky sometimes.

Check the http://www.buykawasaki.com website to see pictures of the parts diagrams.

There was an air cooled version of the KDX250 from 1980 - 1984, but the more modern, liquid cooled, disc brakes model was indeed made from only 1991 - 1994. Very few parts are interchangeable on the 250 and other KDX's.

You may want to look into getting the proper service manuals to work on your bike. For the KDX250, it is the 1989 - 1994 KDX200 manual, plus a KDX250 supplement. Check on http://www.ronayers.com for a good price on the manuals, after getting the part numbers from the http://www.buykawasaki.com website. Ron Ayers is a great place to get OEM parts from.

Good luck and congratulations!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128