Rev Pipe and PowerCore II Exhaust Noise?

Got questions? We got answers....

Rev Pipe and PowerCore II Exhaust Noise?

Post by Guest »

How loud is the FMF Rev Pipe with a Powercore II silencer? This is what is on the KDX200 I'm thinking of buying. Can you give me either a db estimate or a comparision to the stock pipe. I can always throw on the stock silencer if it's too loud. And does the Powercore II have a spark arrestor? Thanks.
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

It's not too bad.I am running the torque and a pcII, and it's not much louder than the stock silencer. I'm assuming that the rev isn't really that much different than the torque in noise level, but I am not 100% on that. Gave it a different tone, more of a 250 sound. It's still quiter than 90% of the bikes out there. The powercore II does not have a spark arrestor. It is an open design with no screen. Hope I shed some light for you.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.

Post by Guest »

Thanks. I didn't think it had a spark arrestor, but I'll have the stock pipe and silencer so I'm ok. Just pop it on if and when needed. Although the arrestor would have been a bonus.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

There is a Turbinecore II, and it does include a spark arrester.

A woods bike without a spark arrester? The owner is stupid. Keep out of MY woods!!

My rev pipe/ TCII has sound checked from 88-92 db. Don't think that has anything to do with the bike, but the testing equipment (and the testers themselves. They don't all do it the same way. Supposed to, but they don't).

It's certainly louder than the OEM stuff. That double-walled stock pipe quiets things down pretty good.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!