Scott's Stabilizer with KX Fork Conversion

Got questions? We got answers....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Virtual, remember, you don't have to buy all those parts from them. You could pick up the clamps and damper anywhere and piece it together with them filling in what you can't find or make yourself.

I had the 2002 KX250 with that set of T-clamps I bought off eBay for about $50 if I recall. They are out there although that was 4 years ago.

Hmmmm.... Maybe I'll do a little looking around. I've got another 2002 KX250 so maybe I could set it up....

****EDIT****
Well....
Lookie here;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRP-SOLI ... ccessories

****EDIT AGAIN****
A second set!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRP-RUBB ... ccessories

And these ones have the rubber cones you speak of.
Last edited by skipro3 on 09:46 pm Dec 22 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

skipro3 wrote: ****EDIT****
Well....
Lookie here;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRP-SOLI ... ccessories
HA!!!! The identical picture! My "blow out hard to pass up price" was $80. :grin:

---edit---
My call today must have prompted him to clean out the stock room!
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'the free return to center (dirt)...'

..and

Re: 'And the Scotts guy told me that damping in both directions is good for dirt.'

So...based on what folks have been told, the Scotts doesn't damp at all?

Is that right?

Whut...you're gonna believe the last thing you heard...or what the fact of the matter is.

Inda...you have a DIRT damper? ..and it does, or does NOT damp TO center?

It's nice that your cross bar clears the Scotts...but I suppose that's 'cuz you have them fairly far forward?

One size clearly does not fit all. It would be nice to have some clue what the sizes WERE to start with! (having nothing to do with SIZES..it's a METAPHOR 'fer crine out loud!!)

Unless..I said, 'Like...one size clearly does not fit all...'

..in which case it would be a SIMILE.

Keep up!!

Not to queer the as of this point the clearly understood (everbuddy but me) facts of the matter...but...

Re: '..he suggested rubber mounts.'

Meaning..the BRP clamps have tapered holes you can put bushings IN? I don't see that from your pic. Not sayin' they aren't there..just that I don't see 'em.

'Suggesting' iso mounts isn't an option. Your triples either take iso mounts...or they don't.

I have an Applied clamp (from ski) for phat bars (I think). I haven't pursued that idea 'cuz my 7/8" work just fine...and they ARE iso (I like that) and the Applied is NOT iso.

But (yet another one)..7/8" or phat isn't really the choice, seems to me. It's, 'You want to (can you) have a cross bar fit 'yer stuff...or not?'

Re: 'nor would you I imagine..'

Sounds reasonable.

I do know that the repeated reference to fork flex on the OEM RSU forks isn't anything I appreciated...until I put the USDs on. THEN the WER 'all-of-a-sudden' had SOME impact on defletions.

Prior to the fork swap? ...I had NO clue it was even there. Not because it worked so seamlessly that I didn't notice...but 'cuz it didn't do squat.

Now, at least...it DOES!

..do squat.

:wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Geesh.... It is what it is... don't know how I would check that unless I called Scotts! Seems some folks already did that. :wink:

These things ARE Rocket Science and cannot be checked for return to center dampened or undampened by turning the handlebars real fast. Just a fact!

BUT.... I do seem to remember that was one of the main differences between a Scotts and a WER..... A Scotts dampens both ways and a WER only one.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

CC, my ebay links, if you would click on them, show one BRP clamp with the cones and one without. See for yourself, they are optioned both ways, one being a little spendier than the other.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!