'98 sidestand

Got questions? We got answers....
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

'98 sidestand

Post by johnyblaze »

My cheap '98 came without a sidestand. I've found one that's had it's length altered, but the owner doesn't know for sure if it's been shortened or lengthened.

The length from the pivot bolt to the ground plate is 12-3/4". Does anybody know how long the stocker is?

Also, given the dimensions of the stocker would a longer or shorter stand be desireable?

Thanks in advance
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

On my 03 it's between 15.5 and 16 inches, so yours is def. shortened. And desirable length... depends on the terrain. Sometimes I want it longer sometimes not!
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Or the height of your rear tire.....

I would say that is too short to use..... IMO
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
johnyblaze
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by johnyblaze »

Thanks guys. Definitely I'll go another direction. I hate a short stand - way overstresses the bracket and stand.

I had pretty much come to the same conclusion. I measured the distance to the bracket holes at the angle it sits with the axle stand and 12-3/4" looked way short even adding another 1-1/2" to include the bracket.

Thanks again. Aftermarket here I come.
1998 KDX220 with goodies
2002 KTM LC4E
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
swatts

Post by swatts »

Yeah, there's a linkk around about getting the Trailtech kickstand that fits an 04 RMZ or something like it to bolt onto a KDX, I did it, it works, a bit too tall but on level or leaning left ground is fine, find that link and follow his instructions. The stock stand seems to always strip the swingarm.
Good luck.